If you’re wondering what to do with your leftover panettone, we have the answer. It’s great on French toast and bread and butter pudding. This delicious recipe takes your classic French toast to a whole new level with a delicious twist. The crunchy shell of crunchy almonds gives the panettone a delicious texture and enhances the rich flavor. Whether you serve it for a casual brunch or as a special dessert, this delicious dish is sure to impress your family and friends. So don’t let your panettone go to waste, try this delicious, crispy almond panettone French toast recipe today!
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 clementines, 1 peeled, 2 peeled and sliced horizontally
- 4 toast-sized slices of panettone, about 2 cm thick
- 50g almond flakes
- piece of butter
- a dash of tasteless oil, e.g. B. sunflower or vegetable oil
- 50g pomegranate seeds
- Maple syrup and Greek yogurt for serving (optional)
- In a wide, shallow bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cinnamon and clementine zest.
- Add the sliced panettone to the mixture and let it sit for 5 minutes, turning occasionally, until all the liquid has been absorbed (alternatively, you can wrap the bowl in cling film and refrigerate overnight).
- Scatter the almonds on a plate and carefully dip them into the soaked panettone. Press as you do so so that the almond flakes stick better. Then turn it over and stick more almond flakes on the other side.
- Heat butter and oil in a large frying pan (you may need to use two pans for very large pieces).
- When the butter is bubbling, add the panettone and fry over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Serve with pomegranate seeds, clementine slices and maple syrup and yogurt if desired.
Equipment and tools
- mixing bowl
- frying pan
This recipe may contain the following allergens:
- Gluten (from panettone)
Storage and leftovers
If there are any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Reheat in toaster or oven until warm. The French toast may lose some of its crispiness when reheated.
Health Benefits of Crispy Almond Panettone French Toast
Who said French toast can’t be healthy? This delicious Crunchy Almond Panettone French Toast recipe not only satisfies your taste buds but also offers multiple health benefits with its nutritious ingredients. Here’s a closer look at how each component can contribute to your well-being:
Eggs are a fantastic source of protein and provide all the essential amino acids necessary for various body functions. They are also rich in vitamins A, D, E and B12 as well as minerals such as iron and zinc. Additionally, eggs contain choline, which is essential for brain health and development.
Milk is known for its calcium content, which ensures strong bones and teeth. It is also an important source of vitamin D, which is necessary for calcium absorption. In addition, milk contains protein, vitamin B12 and phosphorus and thus supports muscle growth and maintenance.
Not only does ground cinnamon add a wonderful aroma and flavor to this recipe, but it also offers potential health benefits. Cinnamon is packed with antioxidants that help reduce inflammation, support heart health, and control blood sugar levels.
The addition of clementines gives this dish a refreshing citrus note. Clementines are a good source of vitamin C, which is crucial for a strong immune system. They also provide fiber, which promotes a healthy digestive system.
Although panettone is traditionally a sweet bread, it can still be enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. Typically made with eggs, butter, and dried fruit, panettone offers some nutritional value. However, due to the higher calorie and sugar content, it is important to pay attention to portion sizes.
Almonds are a powerhouse of nutrients, providing a healthy dose of unsaturated fats, protein, fiber and vitamin E. They are also rich in magnesium, which plays an important role in maintaining normal muscle and nerve function. In addition, almonds contain antioxidants that help protect against oxidative stress and reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
Pomegranate seeds not only add a touch of color and flavor to this dish, but also add nutritional value. Pomegranates are full of antioxidants, vitamins C and K, and fiber. They are associated with various health benefits, including reduced inflammation and improved heart health.
If desired, serve your Crunchy Almond Panettone French Toast with a drizzle of maple syrup and a dollop of Greek yogurt. The maple syrup provides natural sweetness, while Greek yogurt provides additional protein and probiotics for a healthy gut.
Enjoy this delicious breakfast without feeling guilty because it contains a combination of healthy ingredients that can support your overall well-being.