Introducing our irresistible Cranberry Ripple Cheese Cupcakes, perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth with a delicious twist. Treat yourself to these single-serving treats where the richness of cheese meets the tangy pinch of cranberry flavor. Every bite is a harmonious blend of sweet and spicy flavors that will leave you wanting more. The creamy cheesecake base is perfectly balanced with a vibrant cranberry ripple that adds a refreshing touch to the overall sweetness. These cupcakes are the ultimate treat for any occasion and offer an explosion of flavor in every bite. Don’t miss this delicious and enchanting dessert!
- 250g digestive biscuits
- 100g butter, melted
- 600g soft cheese
- 2 tbsp flour
- 175g powdered sugar
- Pinch of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, plus 1 egg yolk
- 400g cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 100g powdered sugar, plus a little sugar for dusting
- First, make the crimp by placing the cranberries and powdered sugar in a shallow pan and cooking over medium-high heat for 10 minutes, until the berries wilt into a thick, sticky sauce.
- Turn off the stove and allow the cranberry mixture to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4.
- Line a 12-hole muffin tin with 12 muffin cups.
- Crush the cookies in a plastic bag or puree them in a food processor.
- Mix the crushed cookies with the melted butter.
- Divide the biscuit-butter mixture between the muffin cups and press down with your fingers.
- In a separate bowl, mix the soft cheese with the flour, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Gradually stir in the eggs and egg yolks until a smooth mixture forms.
- Stir the cooled cranberry sauce into the cheese mixture, being careful not to overmix.
- Pour the cheese-cranberry mixture into the muffin cups and smooth it out with the back of a spoon.
- Bake the cupcakes for 30 minutes.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool, then place them in the refrigerator until completely cold.
- If necessary, peel the wrappers off the cupcakes to serve.
- Dust the cupcakes with powdered sugar.
- Serve the cupcakes stacked on a nice plate so everyone can help themselves.
Equipment and tools
- mixing bowl
- food processor
- Cupcake pan
- Paper cupcake cases
- Measuring cups and spoons
This recipe contains dairy products (soft cheese, butter, eggs) and gluten (digestive biscuits, flour). It may not be suitable for those with lactose intolerance, milk allergies or gluten intolerance. Please check the ingredients carefully and make substitutions if necessary depending on your dietary needs.
Storage and leftovers
Once these cranberry ripple cheese cupcakes are completely cool, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They can be enjoyed for up to 3 days. If necessary, dust with additional powdered sugar before serving.
The Health Benefits of Cranberry Ripple Cheese Cupcakes
Cranberry Ripple Cheese Cupcakes not only delight your taste buds but also offer several health benefits. Packed with healthy ingredients like cranberries and soft cheese, these delicious treats are more than just a delicious dessert. Let’s dive into the health benefits of each ingredient and find out why these cupcakes are a guilt-free treat.
Cranberries, whether fresh or frozen, are a nutritional powerhouse. These bright red berries are full of antioxidants, including flavonoids and polyphenols, which protect our bodies from the damaging effects of free radicals. The high antioxidant content in cranberries may help reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, certain cancers and age-related cognitive decline.
Additionally, cranberries are known for their potential urinary tract health benefits. They contain compounds called proanthocyanidins, which may help prevent bacteria like E. coli from sticking to the walls of the urinary tract, reducing the risk of urinary tract infections.
Soft cheese, a key ingredient in these cupcakes, provides a creamy and delicious texture while providing some nutritional value. It is an excellent source of protein, calcium and probiotics.
The protein in soft cheese is crucial for various body functions, including muscle growth and repair. Calcium, on the other hand, plays an important role in maintaining strong bones and teeth. Additionally, soft cheese contains probiotics, commonly known as “good bacteria,” which support a healthy gut microbiome and aid digestion.
Although not as nutrient-dense as the other ingredients, digestive biscuits add to the overall texture and flavor of these cupcakes. They are made from whole wheat flour, which provides more fiber and nutrients compared to refined flour. Fiber aids digestion, helps maintain a healthy weight, and can reduce the risk of certain diseases such as heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
Additionally, the inclusion of whole wheat flour in digestive cookies ensures consistent energy release, making these cupcakes a more sustainable sweet treat.
Combined with the above ingredients, melted butter, flour, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, eggs and powdered sugar complete the recipe for these delicious cranberry ripple cheese cupcakes. So, enjoy these delicious and healthy cupcakes guilt-free!