Introducing our delicious cranberry pudding with heavenly white chocolate cream. This nostalgic recipe takes you back in time and brings back memories of cozy winter days. Our perfectly prepared steamed pud is the ultimate indulgence, symbolizing comfort and warmth in the colder months. With its rich flavors and melt-in-your-mouth texture, this dessert is a must-try for any winter occasion. Serve it piping hot and let yourself be enveloped in a blanket of pure indulgence. Take a trip back in time with this classic treat and enjoy the timeless magic it brings.
- 175g fresh or frozen cranberries
- 200g jar of currant jelly
- 50g golden powdered sugar
- 175g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 200g golden powdered sugar
- 4 eggs
- Vanilla pod seeds
- 200g butter
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 500 ml fresh vanilla pudding
- 100g white chocolate
- Put 100 g cranberries in a saucepan with currant jelly and sugar.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, then let cool.
- Meanwhile, put a pot of water to boil and butter a 4-quart bowl.
- Butter a large sheet of baking paper, place it on a piece of aluminum foil of the same size and fold an edge in the middle.
- Mix all the ingredients for the sponge cake, then stir in the remaining cranberries.
- Add a third of the cranberry and currant mixture to the bowl, then top with the sponge mixture.
- Cover with paper and foil, tie with string and steam with the lid closed for 1½ hours.
- To serve, reheat the cranberry mixture and pour over the finished pudding.
- Can be prepared up to 2 days in advance and steamed again for 30 minutes or microwaved on high for 5 minutes.
- To make the custard, place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl, add the custard and heat according to the package instructions. Stir every 30 seconds until the chocolate has melted.
Equipment and tools
- mixing bowl
- Round baking dish
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Serving plate
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- Dairy products (butter, fresh vanilla pudding, white chocolate)
- Gluten (self-raising flour)
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers, you can save them for later consumption. Here are some tips:
- Place remaining pudding in an airtight container.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To reheat, place individual portions in the microwave or oven until warmed through.
- Enjoy it within the recommended storage time to ensure freshness.
Health Benefits of Cranberry Topped Pud with White Chocolate Cream
Cranberry pudding with white chocolate cream is not only a delicious dessert but also full of health benefits. The combination of cranberries, blackcurrant jelly and white chocolate provides a range of nutrients that contribute to overall well-being. Let’s explore the health benefits of this delicious treat.
1. Cranberries – Rich in antioxidants
Cranberries, one of the main ingredients in this recipe, are a great source of antioxidants. These antioxidants help neutralize harmful free radicals in the body, reducing the risk of chronic diseases. Cranberries are also known for their potential to support urinary tract health and prevent urinary tract infections.
2. Currant jelly – vitamin C boost
Currant jelly, another key ingredient, adds a touch of flavor and a dose of vitamin C to the dessert. Vitamin C is essential for a strong immune system, helps form collagen and acts as an antioxidant. Including currant jelly in your diet can strengthen your body’s defenses against infections and support healthy skin.
3. Self-raising flour – good source of carbohydrates
Self-raising flour, used as a base for the pudding, provides a source of carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are the body’s main source of energy and play a crucial role in maintaining brain function. They also contribute to the production of serotonin, a neurotransmitter that helps regulate mood.
4. Eggs – proteins and essential nutrients
Eggs not only make the pudding more substantial, but also provide a variety of nutrients. They are an excellent source of protein, essential for building and repairing body tissue. Eggs also contain vitamins such as vitamin B12, which supports the nervous system, and vitamin D, which is important for healthy bones and teeth.
5. Custard – Calcium and flavor
The fresh vanilla pudding used in this dessert provides a creamy texture and delicious taste. Made from a pot of fresh vanilla, it provides a source of calcium for strong bones and teeth. Calcium also supports blood clotting and muscle function, making this dessert not only delicious but also beneficial for your body.
6. White Chocolate – Antioxidant properties
White chocolate, the star of the custard, contains antioxidants similar to those found in cranberries. These antioxidants help protect cells from free radical damage. Additionally, white chocolate is known to improve mood by triggering the release of endorphins and promoting feelings of happiness and relaxation.
While enjoying this cranberry crown pud with white chocolate cream, you can enjoy both the taste and the health benefits it offers. Remember that moderation is key when enjoying desserts and it is always a good idea to include a variety of nutritious ingredients in your diet for optimal well-being.