Introducing our delicious recipe for crab mayonnaise with melba toast and herb salad! Indulge in the art of preparing this exquisite bistro-style dish as we effortlessly guide you through each step. Create your own sensational pate that pairs perfectly with a selection of aromatic and crunchy leaves. Level up your cooking skills and impress your guests with this elegant masterpiece that promises a delicious explosion of flavor. Discover the joy of preparing an elegant feast with our easy-to-follow instructions. Elevate your dining experience with this irresistibly delicious combination.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 200 ml olive oil (not extra virgin)
- Zest and squeeze 1 lemon
- 300g freshly picked white crab meat
- 2 thick slices of white bread
- large handful of flat-leaf parsley leaves
- large handful of tarragon sprigs
- large handful of chervil
- 1 shallot, cut into thin rings
- 1 tbsp small capers in brine, drained
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus a little extra for serving
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar, plus more for serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks and mustard.
- Add a drop of oil and stir until completely combined.
- Gradually add the oil drop by drop, stirring constantly.
- Add the oil in a thin stream, stirring constantly, until a thick mayonnaise forms.
- Stir in lemon zest and juice.
- Stir in the crab meat and season to taste.
- This crab mayonnaise can be made in advance and refrigerated.
- To prepare the Melba toast, preheat the grill to high.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet and toast on both sides until lightly browned.
- Cut the crust off the toast.
- Carefully cut the center of each slice horizontally to create two thin slices.
- Cut each thin slice into 4 triangles.
- Place the triangles, untoasted side up, on the baking sheet and grill until browned.
- If the toast curls slightly, it’s even better.
- The toast can be made a day in advance and stored in an airtight container.
- Shortly before serving, put together the herb salad.
- Put all the herbs in a bowl and add the shallot and capers.
- Dress the salad with olive oil and vinegar.
- Mix everything together until well combined.
- Now you can serve the herb salad together with the shrimp mayonnaise and the Melba toast.
Crab mayonnaise with Melba toast and herb salad
Crab mayonnaise with Melba toast and herb salad
Equipment and tools
The following equipment and tools are required to prepare this recipe:
- cutting board
This recipe contains the following allergens:
Storage and leftovers
If there are any leftovers, you can store them in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
For best results, consume the dish fresh.
The health benefits of crab mayonnaise with melba toast and herb salad
Crab mayonnaise with Melba toast and herb salad is a delicious and refreshing dish that combines the delicate taste of crab meat with the zesty note of lemon and the herbal freshness of parsley, tarragon and chervil. Not only is it a delight for the taste buds, but it also offers numerous health benefits. In this section, we will explore the different ways this dish can contribute to your well-being.
Rich in protein and low in fat
Crab meat is an excellent source of protein, making it an ideal ingredient for anyone looking to increase their protein intake. Protein is essential for the growth and repair of body tissues as well as the production of enzymes and hormones.
Additionally, crab meat is relatively low in fat, especially unsaturated fats, which are considered heart-healthy. Incorporating this dish into your diet will allow you to enjoy the benefits of protein without worrying about excessive fat content.
Good source of omega-3 fatty acids
Crab meat is also a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, particularly EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid). These essential fatty acids are known for their anti-inflammatory properties and role in promoting heart health.
Omega-3 fatty acids are crucial for maintaining proper brain function, reducing the risk of certain mental disorders, and supporting overall cognitive health. By including crab mayonnaise with melba toast and herb salad in your diet, you can conveniently increase your omega-3 intake.
Abundance of antioxidants
The herb salad in this recipe contains a number of antioxidants that can benefit your health. Parsley, tarragon and chervil are all rich in vitamins A and C, which act as antioxidants and help protect your cells from damage caused by harmful free radicals.
Antioxidants play an important role in neutralizing free radicals and are associated with a reduced risk of chronic diseases such as cancer, heart disease and age-related macular degeneration. By enjoying this aromatic salad, you can increase your antioxidant intake and support your overall well-being.
Promotes digestive health
Crab meat contains fiber, which is essential for maintaining a healthy digestive system. Fiber gives stool volume, prevents constipation and promotes regular bowel movements.
Additionally, capers, a key ingredient in this recipe, are high in fiber and contain compounds that can aid digestion. They are traditionally used to stimulate digestive enzymes, improve nutrient absorption, and relieve flatulence and indigestion.
Crab Mayonnaise with Melba Toast and Herb Salad offers a delicious combination of flavors and textures while providing various health benefits. From its protein content to its omega-3 fatty acids to its abundance of antioxidants, this dish can be a valuable addition to a balanced diet. In addition, the fiber from crab meat and capers contribute to the health of the digestive system. So be sure to try this recipe and increase both your taste buds and your well-being!
Note: The information provided above is based on the ingredients used in the recipe. It is important to consider individual nutritional needs and consult a doctor for individual advice.