Boost your iron intake with this easy, healthy recipe. Couscous & Fish in a Bag is a nutritious and convenient meal that is as delicious as it is easy to prepare. This flavorful dish combines tender pieces of fish with fluffy couscous, accompanied by a mix of colorful vegetables and aromatic herbs. The unique cooking method of sealing everything in one bag means the flavors meld together perfectly, creating a juicy and aromatic dish that will satisfy your cravings and give your diet a significant iron boost. Experience the delicious combination of flavors and textures this dish offers while improving your overall well-being.
- 1 lemon
- 100g couscous
- 25g pine nuts, roasted
- 1 small zucchini, cut into thin slices
- small handful of dill, leaves only, chopped
- 150 ml strong vegetable broth
- 1 haddock or other white fish fillet
Cooking in a bag steams the fish in its juices
Helps preserve valuable nutrients, including B
Complex of vitamins. The fish is protected from high temperatures
Oven temperatures so no oil needs to be added.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4.
- Fold a large sheet of foil or parchment paper in half and fold one side tightly to seal.
- Grate the lemon peel and mix with the couscous, pine nuts, zucchini and dill.
- Season well and then pour into the open “bag”.
- Cut the lemon in half and then cut two thin slices from one half.
- Squeeze out the other half and add the juice to the broth.
- Place the haddock on top of the couscous.
- Top with the lemon slices.
- Carefully pour the lemon broth over it.
- Fold the remaining open sides tightly.
- Depending on how thick your fish is, bake for 20-25 minutes until the fish is cooked through and the couscous is fluffy.
Couscous and fish in a bag
Equipment and tools
To prepare this recipe you will need the following equipment and tools:
- A baking tray
- Aluminum foil
- A sharp knife
- A frying pan
- A wooden spoon
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- Pine nuts
Before preparing this dish, please consider whether you or your guests have any allergies.
Storage and leftovers
How to store and handle leftovers:
- Allow the dish to cool to room temperature.
- Place remaining portions in an airtight container.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheat in the oven or microwave before serving.
Tip: When cooked in a bag, the fish is steamed in its juices, preserving valuable nutrients, including the B vitamin complex. The fish is protected from high oven temperatures, so there is no need to add oil.
Health benefits of couscous and fish in one bag
When cooked in a bag, the fish is steamed in its juices, preserving valuable nutrients, including the B vitamin complex. The fish is protected from high oven temperatures, so there is no need to add oil.