Introducing our delicious frozen cookies! Treat yourself to a delicious treat that you can enjoy without a guilty conscience. Made with healthy oats, these cookies are the perfect way to satisfy your cravings while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. With their irresistibly soft texture and delicious taste, these frozen cookies are a convenient and worry-free option for a quick snack or breakfast on the go. Simply place it in the oven or toaster and enjoy the heavenly aroma and delicious taste that will leave you wanting more. Treat yourself to our frozen cookies today without feeling guilty!
- 200g pack of butter, softened
- 200g soft brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g self-raising flour
- 140g oat flakes
- 50g chopped nuts such as pecans, hazelnuts or almonds
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 50 g raisins or mixed fruit
Everyone needs a treat every now and then, and
These cookies are packed with oatmeal that
makes me feel more comfortable during the handover
pass them on to children. Children will love it too
Shape the dough into a sausage
and decide which flavors to add. The
Cookies last forever in the freezer
and are great for filling a hectic half hour
or as a pick-me-up after a long day.
- When the butter is completely soft, put it in a bowl with the sugar.
- Mix with an electric whisk or by exercising your arm muscles until the sugar is mixed through.
- Stir in the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract and a pinch of salt if desired.
- Stir in flour and oat flakes. The mixture will be fairly stiff at this point.
- Now decide what else you want to add – some or all of the flavors are delicious – and stir.
- Tear off an A4 sheet of baking paper.
- Place half of the mixture in the center of the sheet, then use a spoon to spread the mixture thickly down the center of the paper.
- Pull the paper over one edge and roll it up until it forms a tight cylinder.
- If you’re having trouble getting the dough smooth, roll it across the kitchen surface like a rolling pin.
- It should be about the width of a teacup.
- Once it’s wrapped tightly, twist the ends together and then place it in the freezer. Can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- To bake, preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4 and unwrap the frozen biscuit mixture.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a slice about ½ cm wide.
- If you have difficulty cutting through, dip the knife in a cup of hot water.
- Cut off as many cookies as you need, then put the mixture in the freezer for another time.
- Place on a baking sheet well apart as the mixture will spread as it cooks.
- Cook for 15 minutes until the surface is golden brown.
- Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before eating.
Equipment and tools
Before you start making these delicious frozen cookies, make sure you have the following equipment and tools:
- mixing bowl
- Electric mixer or hand mixer
- Parchment paper or silicone baking mat
- Cooling rack
- For storage, plastic wrap or freezer bags
If you or anyone consuming these frozen cookies has allergies, please be aware of the following allergens included in the recipe:
- Butter: dairy products
- Soft Brown Sugar: None
- Eggs: None
- Vanilla Extract: None
- Self-raising flour: gluten (wheat)
- Oats: gluten (oats)
- Nuts (pecans, hazelnuts, or almonds): Nuts
- Coconut shavings: None
- Raisins or mixed fruit: None
Storage and leftovers
Once baked and cooled, these frozen cookies can be stored in the freezer for a long time. To ensure freshness and prevent freezer burn, follow these storage instructions:
- Place the completely cooled cookies in plastic wrap or freezer bags.
- Be sure to close the packaging tightly to prevent air from entering.
- Label the packaging with the freezing date.
- Store the cookies in the freezer for up to 3 months.
When you want to enjoy a cookie, simply remove it from the freezer, thaw at room temperature and enjoy!
Health Benefits of Frozen Cookies
Everyone loves a treat every now and then, and frozen cookies are the perfect option to satisfy your sweet cravings. What sets these cookies apart is their health benefits, making them a safe choice for both children and adults.
Packed with oats for extra nutrients
These frozen cookies are rich in oats, which not only contribute to their delicious texture but also provide a nutritious effect. Oats are a fantastic source of fiber and provide digestive and heart health benefits. They are also rich in antioxidants and contain vital minerals such as manganese, phosphorus and magnesium.
With their high oat content and natural ingredients, these cookies are an excellent snack for children. Emma, the expert behind this recipe, emphasizes that including oats in the cookie recipe increases their nutritional value. Oats help maintain a healthy weight, regulate blood sugar levels, and promote overall well-being in children.
Creative and engaging activity
Freezer cookies provide a fun and exciting activity for children. Rolling out the dough into sausage shapes and choosing different flavors allows kids to get creative in the kitchen. Not only does this encourage their motor skills, but it also instills a sense of achievement as they see their delicious creations come to life.
Extended cookie life
One of the main advantages of frozen cookies is their longer shelf life. These cookies can be stored in the freezer for a long period of time without compromising taste or quality. This makes them an ideal option for times when you need a quick snack or want to fill a hectic half hour. They also serve as a wonderful pick-me-up after a long, tiring day.
In summary, frozen cookies offer a combination of taste, nutrition and convenience. These delicious oat-flavored treats make them a healthier alternative to commercial options. So enjoy the benefits of frozen cookies and enjoy snacks without a guilty conscience!