Introducing our delicious English kebabs recipe full of juicy flavors! Perfect for non-Muslims who want to enjoy a delicious pork-based dish. Not only are these kebabs for adults, but they are also great summer snacks that kids will love. With a delicious combination of crispy bacon, sizzling sausages and tender mushrooms, these kebabs are sure to become a family favorite. Whether you’re hosting a barbecue or just craving a hearty meal, these juicy and flavorful kebabs won’t disappoint. Treat your taste buds to a truly delicious culinary experience!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 8 strips of bacon, halved
- 8 chipolata sausages, halved
- 16 mushrooms or chestnut mushrooms
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- Lettuce leaves, 4 small crusty baguettes or rolls and tomato or brown sauce for serving
To grill these kebabs, simply increase the cooking time by a few minutes to ensure the sausages are fully cooked through.
- Heat the grill to high and mix the oil, honey and mustard with some spices in a small bowl.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around each sausage half and then start loading the skewers.
- Place a mushroom, a piece of bacon-wrapped sausage, and a cherry tomato on each skewer and repeat the process so there are two on each skewer.
- Brush the skewers with the honey mustard sauce.
- Grill the skewers, turning, for 10 minutes, until the sausages are golden brown, sticky and cooked through.
- Divide the roles.
- Serve the skewers along with the rolls with a handful of lettuce leaves and a dollop of tomato or brown sauce per person.
Equipment and tools
To prepare Full English Kebabs you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Barbecue or grill
- Scissors or kitchen scissors
The Full English Kebabs recipe may contain the following allergens:
- Pork (bacon and sausages)
Please check the ingredient list and take necessary precautions if you or anyone consuming the dish has allergies or dietary restrictions.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftover Full English Kebabs, follow these storage guidelines:
- Allow the kebabs to cool completely before storing.
- Place them in an airtight container or wrap them tightly in aluminum foil.
- Store the kebabs in the refrigerator and eat within 2-3 days.
When reheating leftovers, be sure to heat them thoroughly until piping hot.
Health Benefits of Complete English Kebabs
Health Benefits of Complete English Kebabs
The Full English Kebab is a delicious and filling dish that offers a number of health benefits. Packed with a variety of ingredients, this hearty meal provides essential nutrients for a balanced diet.
1. Olive oil
Olive oil, a key ingredient in Full English Kebabs, is rich in monounsaturated fats, which help lower bad cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease. It also contains antioxidants that have anti-inflammatory properties and may protect against certain chronic diseases.
2. Whole grain mustard
The addition of whole grain mustard gives the kebabs a unique taste. Whole grain mustard is made from whole mustard seeds that retain their natural goodness. It contains fiber and is a good source of minerals such as magnesium and selenium.
3. Streaky bacon
Striped bacon is a source of protein and healthy fats. Although it should be consumed in moderation due to its high fat content, it can be part of a balanced diet when combined with other nutrient-rich ingredients.
4. Chipolata sausages
The small size of chipolata sausages makes them perfect for kebabs. Although they are processed meats, they still provide protein and can be enjoyed as part of a varied diet. Because of their higher fat and salt content, it’s important to choose leaner options or consume them in moderation.
Mushrooms are a great addition to Full English Kebabs as they offer several health benefits. They are low in calories and a good source of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Mushrooms are also a natural source of fiber and can aid digestion.
6. Cherry tomatoes
Cherry tomatoes not only add color and flavor to the skewers, but also provide important nutrients. They are packed with antioxidants, vitamins A and C, and potassium. Additionally, tomatoes are known for their lycopene content, which has been linked to a reduced risk of certain cancers.
7. Lettuce leaves
Lettuce leaves contain a number of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, vitamin K and folic acid. They also provide fiber, which aids digestion and promotes a healthy gut.
The Full English Kebabs can be enjoyed with small, crispy baguettes or rolls and, depending on your personal taste, supplemented with tomato or brown sauce. Change the cooking method to grill these kebabs and make sure the sausages are fully cooked.