Treat yourself to the irresistible charm of Cointreau pancakes with their delicious orange essence. This recipe offers a straightforward twist on the popular Crêpes Suzette, making it an exquisite choice for a delicious dessert. Every bite is a heavenly taste experience as Cointreau’s subtle citrus notes really take these pancakes to a whole new level. Whether you’re looking to satisfy your sweet cravings or want an impressive treat, these pancakes are a guaranteed hit with their effortless preparation and unforgettable taste. Enjoy a culinary delight that combines simplicity with a hint of vibrant orange flavor.
- 85g soft unsalted butter
- 25g golden powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp Cointreau or Grand Marnier
- grated peel of ½ orange
- 12 pancakes (see link below for recipe)
- grated zest of 1 orange and juice of 2
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 175g golden powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp Cointreau or Grand Marnier
- 1 ounce carton double cream, lightly whipped, for serving
- Mix butter and sugar in a bowl until fluffy.
- Add the liqueur and orange peel to the mixture.
- Spread some of the mixture on each pancake.
- Quarter the pancakes.
- Arrange the folded pancakes in a large ovenproof dish.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5/fan 170°C.
- In a separate pan, combine citrus peels, orange juice and sugar.
- Gently heat the mixture until the sugar dissolves.
- Add 2 tablespoons of liqueur to the mixture.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and cook for 7-10 minutes until the quantity is reduced by half.
- Set the sauce aside. (You can prepare this a day in advance and relax.)
- Bake the pancakes covered for 15 minutes.
- Gently heat the sauce until it is syrupy.
- Stir a tablespoon of liqueur into the sauce.
- Drizzle the sauce over the pancakes.
- Serve the pancakes with cream.
Equipment and tools
To prepare Cointreau pancakes you will need the following equipment and tools:
- mixing bowl
- Whisk or fork
- frying pan
- Spatula or spatula
- Zester or grater
- Measuring cups and spoons
The Cointreau pancakes recipe contains the following allergens:
- butter (milk)
- Double cream (milk)
Please note that this recipe may also contain other allergens not listed. It is important to check the specific ingredients and labels of any prepackaged products used.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers or want to make the pancakes in advance, here are some storage tips:
- Store the finished pancakes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- To reheat, place the pancakes in the preheated oven at 180°C (350°F) for a few minutes or microwave them on medium power for about 30 seconds.
- Orange syrup and cream can be stored separately. Store the syrup in a sealed jar or bottle in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. The cream should be used within 2 days.
Please note that the consistency and taste of the pancakes may change slightly after cooling and reheating. It’s best to serve them as fresh as possible.
Health Benefits of Cointreau Pancakes
While enjoying sweet treats like pancakes may not be the first thing that comes to mind when thinking about health benefits, incorporating certain ingredients can add some nutritious elements to your dish. For Cointreau pancakes, the addition of citrus fruits and double cream may provide certain health benefits worth considering.
1. Citrus fruits for vitamin C
The presence of orange and lemon peel in Cointreau pancakes provides a hint of citrus flavor. In addition to their refreshing taste, these peels also contain beneficial nutrients. Orange peels in particular are known for their high vitamin C content. Vitamin C is essential for a healthy immune system and helps prevent disease and fight off infections.
2. Antioxidants from citrus juices
In addition to the zest, Cointreau pancakes also contain the juice of oranges and lemons. These flavorful liquids are not only rich in vitamin C, but also provide a good dose of antioxidants. Antioxidants help neutralize harmful free radicals in the body, reducing the risk of chronic disease and supporting overall well-being.
3. Healthy calcium and cream
The softly whipped cream served as a serving option for Cointreau pancakes can be a source of calcium, which is crucial for healthy bones and teeth. While you should consume cream in moderation due to its high fat content, adding small amounts occasionally can help maintain a balanced diet.
4. Forgiving but pleasant
While the health benefits of Cointreau pancakes come primarily from the citrus ingredients, it’s important to remember that enjoying a decadent treat from time to time is also part of a healthy lifestyle. Indulging in indulgent foods in moderation can help curb cravings and prevent feelings of deficiency, making it easier to stick to a balanced diet over the long term.