This delicious recipe combines the delicate flavor of cod with a zesty orange and dill crumb, creating a symphony of flavors that will leave you wanting more. The contrast between the crispy, golden crumb and the tender, juicy fish is a real treat for the palate. Not to be outdone, the accompanying Hasselback potatoes add a delicious crunch to every bite. Prepared with care and attention, this recipe offers a healthy and satisfying dinner in a single serving. Indulge in this tantalizing mix of flavors and textures that are guaranteed to satisfy your culinary cravings.
- 1 large baking potato
- 1 cod fillet (approx. 180g)
- 1 slice of bread (preferably with seeds)
- Zest of half an orange
- ½ small packet of dill, coarsely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- Drizzle olive oil
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche for serving
- steamed vegetables for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7.
- Place the potato on a large spoon and cut slits every 1/2 inch.
- Microwave the potatoes for 10-12 minutes until they become soft. Alternatively, you can bake it in the oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Grind or grate the bread into breadcrumbs in a food processor.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the orange peel, dill, garlic and spices to prepare the topping for the fish.
- Season the cod and place it on a baking sheet.
- Top the cod with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place the potato on the same baking sheet.
- Drizzle the potatoes with oil and sprinkle with salt flakes.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the fish is cooked through and the potato is tender but crispy.
- Serve the dish with crème fraîche and steamed vegetables if desired.
Equipment and tools
- Baked potato
- cutting board
- baking paper
- Food processor (optional)
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- Bread (may contain gluten)
- Crème fraîche (may contain lactose)
Storage and leftovers
If there are any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. To reheat you can either use the oven or the microwave. Be sure to consume reheated leftovers within 24 hours.
Health Benefits of Cod with Orange Dill Crumble and Hasselback Potatoes
Cod with Orange Dill Crumble and Hasselback Potatoes is a delicious and nutritious dish that will not only satisfy your taste buds but also provide numerous health benefits. Let’s take a closer look at the ingredients to understand how this meal can contribute to your overall well-being.
The cod fillet is the star of this dish, providing a lean source of high-quality protein. Protein is essential for building and repairing tissue, supporting muscle growth, and maintaining a healthy immune system.
In addition, cod is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, especially EPA and DHA. These essential fatty acids have been found to reduce inflammation, support cardiovascular health, and improve brain function.
The zest of half an orange gives the dish a hint of citrus flavor but is also nutritious. Oranges are rich in vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant that boosts the immune system, promotes collagen production for healthy skin, and aids iron absorption.
Dill is an aromatic herb that not only enhances the flavor of the dish but also provides several health benefits. It contains essential oils, vitamins and minerals including calcium, iron and manganese. Known for its antimicrobial properties, dill aids digestion and can even help relieve menstrual cramps.
The small clove of garlic gives the dish a wonderfully spicy flavor and several health benefits. Garlic is known to boost the immune system, lower blood pressure, improve cholesterol levels, and even have potential anti-cancer properties.
A drizzle of olive oil not only adds flavor but also provides heart-healthy monounsaturated fats. These fats help lower bad cholesterol, lower the risk of heart disease and have anti-inflammatory effects.
The large baked potato, prepared Hasselback style, is a great source of carbohydrates and fiber. It provides energy, helps regulate digestion, ensures you feel fuller for longer and supports weight control.
The two tablespoons of crème fraîche served with the dish provide a creamy texture and a touch of indulgence. Although it has a higher fat content, it is also a source of calcium and other essential nutrients.
Adding steamed vegetables to the dish is an excellent way to add more vitamins, minerals and fiber to your meal. They contribute to general satiety, promote a healthy digestive system and help prevent chronic diseases.
By incorporating Cod with Orange Dill Crumble and Hasselback Potatoes into your diet, you can enjoy a tasty meal while benefiting from the numerous health benefits that the ingredients offer. From lean protein and essential fatty acids to antioxidants and vitamins, this dish will nourish your body and contribute to your overall well-being.