Everyone will be impressed with this smooth and creamy classic vanilla ice cream. Our recipe is made with only the finest ingredients and is guaranteed to satisfy your sweet tooth. Treat yourself to the velvety texture and rich vanilla flavor that will leave you wanting more. Whether in a waffle, with a warm dessert or paired with fresh fruit, this timeless treat is a crowd favorite. Treat yourself to a scoop (or two!) of this delicious creation that will take you back to childhood summers and create unforgettable memories with every heavenly bite.
- 1 thick vanilla bean
- 300 ml whole milk
- 300 ml cream
- 100g golden powdered sugar
- 4 egg yolks
Section: Steps to prepare classic vanilla ice cream
- Place a container in the freezer.
- Cut the vanilla pod lengthwise, scrape out the pulp with the tip of a knife and place in a pot with the milk, cream and pod.
- Bring the milk, cream and pod to the boil, then remove from the heat and let it steep for at least 20 minutes.
- For a better taste, the infusion process can be carried out a few hours in advance and cooled.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar and egg yolks for a few minutes until light and fluffy.
- Place the vanilla cream back on the heat until just before boiling, then carefully sieve the liquid into the egg yolks and stir with the whisk until completely combined.
- Fill a large bowl with ice water and place a smaller bowl inside.
- Pour the custard back into the pan and cook over the lowest heat, stirring slowly and continuously, until thickened, about 10 minutes. Make sure the spoon touches the bottom of the pan.
- Strain the vanilla pudding into the smaller bowl set in the ice water and allow to cool.
- Stir the cream until it has a spoonable consistency.
- Pour the stirred custard into the container.
- Freeze the container to make the classic vanilla ice cream solid.
Equipment and tools
Before you start making this classic vanilla ice cream, make sure you have the following equipment and tools:
- Ice cream maker
- Measuring cups and spoons
- cutting board
This classic vanilla ice cream recipe contains the following allergens:
- Dairy products (milk and cream)
Please note that this recipe may come into contact with other allergens during preparation or serving. If you have specific dietary concerns, please consult a doctor.
Storage and leftovers
If you still have leftovers of this delicious classic vanilla ice cream, here are some storage tips:
- Pour the ice cream into an airtight container.
- Place the container in the freezer for up to 1 week.
- Allow the ice cream to soften at room temperature for a few minutes before serving.
If the ice cream becomes too hard, you can put it in the refrigerator briefly before scooping it out so that it softens a little.
The health benefits of classic vanilla ice cream
Vanilla ice cream has been a popular treat for centuries, and it’s not hard to see why. The classic combination of smooth, creamy texture and rich vanilla flavor is simply irresistible. But did you know that classic vanilla ice cream can also offer surprising health benefits? Let’s take a closer look at the ingredients for this delicious dessert:
1. Plump vanilla bean
The main ingredient of classic vanilla ice cream is the plump vanilla pod. Not only does vanilla provide a heavenly aroma and taste, but it also contains important nutrients. Vanilla is known to be rich in antioxidants, which protect the body from damage caused by harmful free radicals. Additionally, some studies suggest that vanilla may have anti-inflammatory properties that have positive effects on overall health and well-being.
2. Whole milk
Using whole milk in vanilla ice cream provides an important source of essential nutrients. Milk is an excellent source of calcium, which is essential for maintaining strong bones and teeth. It also contains protein, which plays a crucial role in building and repairing tissue in the body. Additionally, milk is enriched with essential vitamins such as vitamin D, which promotes bone health and supports the immune system.
3. Double cream
Double cream contributes to the rich and creamy texture that vanilla ice cream is known for. Although it has a higher fat content, it also offers some health benefits. Cream contains healthy fats that are essential for energy production and the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins. In addition, moderate consumption of healthy fats can contribute to a feeling of fullness after enjoying a serving of vanilla ice cream.
4. Golden powdered sugar
Sugar is an essential ingredient in vanilla ice cream as it provides sweetness. However, it is important to consume it in moderation. Golden powdered sugar is a type of sugar that is less refined, retaining some minerals and nutrients from its raw form. Although golden sugar is still a source of calories, using golden powdered sugar in moderation adds a touch of sweetness without completely compromising a balanced diet.
5. Egg yolk
Egg yolks are emulsifiers that contribute to the smooth and creamy texture of vanilla ice cream. They also offer significant nutritional value. Egg yolks are an excellent source of essential vitamins and minerals, including vitamins A, D, E and B vitamins. They also contain choline, a nutrient important for brain health and function.
Even though classic vanilla ice cream is a delicious treat, it is important to enjoy it in moderation as part of a balanced diet. The above ingredients offer some surprising health benefits and ensure you can enjoy every spoonful of this timeless treat guilt-free!