Treat yourself to a bowl full of healthy goodness with our delicious cinnamon apple raisin porridge. When you soak these nutritious oatmeal overnight, the combination of plump raisins and delicate cinnamon infuse the dish, not only enhancing the flavor but also aiding digestion. After cooking, the oat flakes acquire a deliciously creamy consistency that pampers your taste buds and leaves you wanting more. Enjoy the soothing aroma and soothing taste of this delicious breakfast treat that will boost your day with both nutrition and enjoyment.
- 100 g oatmeal porridge (not instant)
- 50g raisins
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 Bramley apples, peeled and coarsely grated (approx. 350g grated weight)
- To serve, add 4 heaped tablespoons of organic natural yogurt and a pinch of ground cinnamon
To warm up
Porridge can be easily reheated the next day in bowls in the microwave or in a pan on the stove with a splash of milk or water.
When buying dried fruits, pay attention to the label and avoid those containing sulfur dioxide, an additive that preserves the fruit’s color.
- Place oats, raisins and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Pour in 800 ml of cold water.
- Cover the bowl and let it soak overnight.
- The next day, pour the contents of the bowl into a pan.
- Stir in the apple.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 5-10 minutes.
- The oats should be cooked and the apple should be soft but still have some bite and texture.
- Save half of the porridge for the next day.
- Divide the remaining porridge into bowls.
- Top each serving with a spoonful of yogurt.
- Dust the yogurt with a little cinnamon.
Equipment and tools
- Big pot
- Microwave or stove
This recipe may contain the following allergens:
- Dairy products (yogurt)
Storage and leftovers
Follow these guidelines to store leftover cinnamon apple raisin porridge:
- Allow the porridge to cool completely.
- Transfer the porridge to an airtight container.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To reheat leftovers, place the porridge in a bowl in the microwave or warm it in a pan on the stove with a splash of milk or water.
Health Benefits of Cinnamon Apple Raisin Porridge
Cinnamon apple raisin porridge not only tastes delicious, but also offers a number of health benefits. This healthy breakfast option is packed with nutritious ingredients that can support your overall well-being. Let’s delve deeper into the nutritional benefits of this delicious dish:
100 g of oat flakes used in this recipe are a rich source of complex carbohydrates. These are considered slow-release energy sources and help maintain energy levels throughout the day. They are also rich in fiber, aid digestion and provide a feeling of satiety, which can be helpful in weight control.
50g of raisins not only add natural sweetness and a chewy texture to the porridge, but also contribute to its nutritional value. Raisins are a good source of fiber, essential minerals and antioxidants. They can support digestion, promote healthy skin and provide a natural energy boost.
A heaping teaspoon of ground cinnamon gives the porridge a warm and comforting taste while providing numerous health benefits. Cinnamon is known to have anti-inflammatory properties and is rich in antioxidants. It can help regulate blood sugar levels, improve heart health and increase brain function.
Two peeled and coarsely grated Bramley apples, weighing approximately 350g, give the porridge natural sweetness and a delicious texture. Apples are a great source of important vitamins, minerals and fiber. They can aid digestion, support a healthy immune system and contribute to overall well-being.
Natural organic yogurt
To serve, add four heaped tablespoons of organic natural yogurt to the cinnamon-apple-raisin porridge. Yogurt is a probiotic food that contains beneficial bacteria that support gut health. It is also a good source of protein and calcium, which are essential for strong bones and muscles.
Tip for warming up
Porridge can be easily reheated the next day by placing it in bowls in the microwave or heating it in a pan on the stove with a splash of milk or water. This means you can enjoy the deliciousness of the cinnamon apple raisin porridge even when you are in a hurry.
When purchasing dried fruits such as raisins, it is important to pay attention to the label and avoid products that contain sulfur dioxide. This additive is used to preserve the color of the fruit, but may have harmful health effects. When you choose natural and organic dried fruits, you are choosing a healthier option.