Treat yourself to the delights of Christmas with our delicious Christmas Stollen Pudding recipe. Created by our talented reader Marion Biles, this creamy and luxurious pudding is the perfect way to transform leftover Stollen into a delicious dessert. Unleash your culinary skills and experience a symphony of flavors by combining the rich and fruity Stollen with a delicious creamy base. Every bite is a true holiday treat that will leave you wanting more! Whether enjoyed plain or with a side dish of your choice, this heavenly dessert is guaranteed to bring joy and happiness to your Christmas celebration.
- 750g-1kg/1lb 10oz-2lb 4oz Stollen, diced
- 300 ml cream
- 300 ml milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 amaretti cookies, crushed
- Powdered sugar for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160 fan/gas 4.
- Place the stollen cubes in an ovenproof serving dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix cream, milk and eggs.
- Pour the cream mixture over the stollen cubes in the mold.
- Sprinkle the amaretti cookies on top.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until the pudding is golden brown and slightly risen.
- After cooking, remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Before serving, dust the pudding with powdered sugar if desired.
Equipment and tools
The following equipment and tools are required to prepare Christmas stollen pudding:
- Large mixing bowl
- Whisk or fork
- baking pan
- cutting board
- Serving plate
- Sieve (optional)
The Christmas stollen pudding contains the following allergens:
- Wheat (from Stollen)
- Almonds (from amaretti cookies)
Please note that this recipe may also contain other allergens not listed. It is important to check individual product labels for possible cross-contamination.
Storage and leftovers
If there are any leftovers, you can save the Christmas stollen pudding for later enjoyment. Here are some tips:
- Allow pudding to cool completely before storing.
- Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To serve, reheat in the oven or microwave until warmed through.
- Before consuming, check for signs of spoilage or unpleasant odors.
- Dust with powdered sugar if desired before serving.
Enjoy the Christmas stollen pudding within the recommended storage time for the best taste and consistency.
Health Benefits of Christmas Stollen Pudding
Christmas Stollen Pudding is a delicious dessert that combines the traditional flavors of Stollen with a creamy and delicious pudding. Not only does this festive treat make for a delicious end to a holiday meal, but it also offers several health benefits with its key ingredients. Let’s take a closer look at the nutritional value and benefits of this delicious dessert.
1. Stollen – a nutrient-dense bread
The base for this pudding is Stollen, a German Christmas bread. It is usually made from a variety of ingredients such as flour, nuts, dried fruits, spices and yeast. Stollen is a good source of carbohydrates that provides energy for the whole day. In addition, it contains essential minerals such as iron, magnesium and zinc, which are necessary for various body functions. In addition, stollen contains fiber, which helps maintain a healthy digestive system.
2. Double Cream – a source of healthy fats
The richness of the Christmas stollen pudding comes from the double cream, which gives it a velvety texture and enhances the overall flavor. While it’s important to eat high-fat foods in moderation, the double cream used in this recipe may provide some health benefits. It is a good source of healthy fats, including monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. These fats are known to support heart health and can help lower bad cholesterol levels.
3. Milk – Building strong bones
Another important ingredient in this pudding is milk, which gives it creaminess and nutritional value. Milk is an excellent source of calcium, a mineral essential for building and maintaining strong bones and teeth. It also contains protein, vitamins D and B12, and phosphorus, all of which contribute to overall bone health and promote the proper functioning of various body systems.
4. Eggs – a protein powerhouse
Adding eggs to Stollen pudding not only helps bind the ingredients together but also boosts its nutritional content. Eggs are considered a complete source of protein because they contain all the essential amino acids the body needs. Protein is essential for repairing tissues, producing enzymes and hormones, and supporting the immune system. In addition, eggs are a good source of vitamins A, E and B vitamins, as well as minerals such as iron and selenium.
5. Amaretti cookies – almond delicacies
The addition of crushed amaretti cookies in this pudding gives it a delicious crunch and adds a hint of almond flavor. Amaretti cookies, typically made from almonds, egg whites, sugar and almond extract, offer a number of health benefits. Almonds are full of healthy fats, fiber and vitamin E, which are known for their role in supporting heart health, improving digestion and providing antioxidant protection to the body.
In summary, Christmas stollen pudding not only delights your taste buds with its festive flavors but also comes with several health benefits. The combination of stollen, cream, milk, eggs and amaretti cookies provides a range of nutrients such as carbohydrates, healthy fats, protein, vitamins and minerals. Treat yourself to this delicious dessert knowing that you are also providing your body with valuable nutrients.