This delicious dessert combines the irresistible flavors of pecan pie and chocolate pie, creating an exquisite fusion of indulgence. With a touch of maple syrup you create a truly irresistible treat that will delight your taste buds. The richness of the chocolate perfectly complements the nutty crunch of the pecans and leaves you wanting more. Treat yourself to this heavenly creation and let the harmonious combination of flavors take you on a delicious journey of pure bliss and sweetness. Let yourself be enchanted by the charm of this chocolate pecan pie!
- 375g pack of shortcrust pastry
- some flour for dusting
- 185g dark chocolate
- 50g salted butter
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 200 ml maple syrup
- 200g whole pecans
This instant pud is a real family
Favorite – especially among younger people
Family members. A cross between
Pecan pie and chocolate pie, what not
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Line a 20cm loose-bottomed tart tin with the rolled out dough.
- Fill the tart with baking paper and baking beans.
- Bake the tart for 25 minutes.
- Remove baking paper and beans.
- Bake the tart for another 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove the tart from the oven and let it cool.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a large bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Whisk together eggs and maple syrup.
- Stir the egg mixture into the melted chocolate.
- Add most of the nuts to the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the tart pan.
- Top the tart with the remaining nuts.
- Bake the tart for 30-40 minutes until set.
- Allow the tart to cool.
- Serve the tart with vanilla ice cream or cream.
Equipment and tools
- rolling pin
- Tart mold (approx. 23 cm)
- baking paper
- Baking beans (or dried beans/rice)
- mixing bowl
- Whisk or fork
- Heat-resistant bowl
This recipe contains the following allergens:
It may also contain traces of nuts and gluten.
Storage and leftovers
To store the chocolate pecan pie, it’s best to store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It can be kept for up to 3 days.
If there are any leftovers, you can enjoy them cold or gently warm up individual slices in the microwave for a few seconds.
Health Benefits of Chocolate Pecan Tart
The delicious combination of chocolate and pecans in one cake not only satisfies your taste buds but also offers various health benefits. Let’s delve deeper into the benefits of enjoying a piece of chocolate pecan tart:
1. Dark chocolate for heart health
The 185g of dark chocolate used in this recipe contains a high level of cocoa solids. Moderate consumption of dark chocolate has been linked to several cardiovascular benefits. The flavonoids found in dark chocolate help reduce inflammation and improve blood circulation, which can help maintain a healthy heart.
2. Pecans for nutritional value
Whole pecans weighing 200g are incorporated into this cake, which provide numerous nutritional benefits. Pecans are a great source of unsaturated fats, which are beneficial for heart health. In addition, they are rich in fiber, protein and various vitamins and minerals such as vitamin E, magnesium and zinc.
3. Maple syrup as a healthier sweetener
The recipe calls for 200 ml of maple syrup as a natural sweetener. Unlike refined sugar, maple syrup is a better option due to its lower glycemic index. This means that it results in a slower and more controlled rise in blood sugar levels, making it a suitable alternative for those with diabetes or those looking to reduce their sugar intake.
4. Eggs for proteins and nutrients
The pie crust is made with 4 beaten eggs, which not only provide structural support but also add to the nutritional value of this dessert. Eggs are an excellent source of high-quality protein and contain important vitamins and minerals such as vitamin B12, vitamin D and selenium.
5. Butter in moderation
This recipe uses a small amount (50g) of salted butter to enhance the flavor and texture of the tart. Although butter is high in saturated fat, it can be enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. Choosing salted butter in small quantities will give you a savory taste without compromising your health.
The next time you treat yourself to a slice of chocolate pecan pie, you’ll not only enjoy the delicious taste, but also the potential health benefits it offers. Remember to enjoy this dessert in moderation as part of a balanced and varied diet.