These Chocolate Pecan Fondants are the ultimate treat for any dessert lover. With their rich and gooey core, they will impress even the most demanding palates. The best part? You can easily take them out of the freezer when unexpected guests arrive.
Whether it’s a last-minute get-together or a cozy evening at home, these frozen treats are the solution of choice. Just pop it in the oven for a few minutes and voila! You’ll have a warm and decadent dessert to serve. With the perfect combination of chocolate and pecans, these fondants are a real treat for the taste buds.
- 50g butter, plus a little butter for greasing
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- 150g bar of dark chocolate (50% cocoa content is fine), cut into pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tablespoons pecans, toasted and very finely chopped
- 1 tbsp golden powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7.
- Brush two individual pudding molds (approx. 200 ml capacity) with butter and then dust generously with cocoa powder.
- Melt the chocolate with the butter in a bowl over boiling water or in the microwave and stir until smooth.
- Gradually stir in the egg, then flour, nuts, sugar and a pinch of salt and stir gently until everything is well mixed but still liquid.
- Divide the mixture between the pudding bowls.
- If necessary, cool the pools up to a day in advance.
- Bake for 15 minutes (or 18 minutes if chilled).
- Divide the fondants onto small plates.
- Serve with ice cream.
- Fondants should be cooked on the outside and melted in the middle.
Equipment and tools
To prepare this recipe you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Butter for greasing
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- A greased baking dish or individual ramekins
- A mixing bowl
- A cooking pot
- A whisk or fork
- A cutting board
- A sharp knife
- A toaster or oven for roasting the pecans
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- Dairy products (butter and dark chocolate)
It may not be suitable for those with allergies or dietary restrictions related to these ingredients.
Storage and leftovers
If you have any leftover chocolate pecan fondants, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
When you’re ready to serve them again, you can reheat them in the oven on low until warm and gooey. However, they are best enjoyed fresh and warm.
Health Benefits of Chocolate Pecan Fondants
Indulging in chocolate pecan fondant not only satisfies your taste buds but also provides several health benefits. This delicious dessert combines the richness of dark chocolate with the crunch of pecans, creating a delicious treat that is not only tasty but also nutritious.
1. The antioxidant power of dark chocolate
The main ingredient in chocolate pecan fudge, dark chocolate, contains a large amount of antioxidants. These antioxidants, such as flavonoids and polyphenols, help protect the body from chronic diseases by neutralizing harmful free radicals. Dark chocolate is also known to have a positive impact on heart health as it helps lower blood pressure and improves blood circulation.
2. Pecans to boost nutrition
Pecans, another key ingredient in chocolate pecan fudge, offer a number of health benefits. They are a great source of healthy fats, including monounsaturated fats, which are beneficial for heart health. Pecans also provide essential minerals like magnesium, which plays a crucial role in bone health, and zinc, which supports immune function.
3. Moderation is key
When enjoying chocolate pecan fudge, it’s important to keep portion control in mind. Although the ingredients in this dessert offer health benefits, they are still high in calories. Therefore, it is important to indulge in moderation to reap the full benefits without compromising your overall diet and well-being.
Try these healthy variations
If you want to boost the nutritional value of your chocolate pecan fudge even further, consider experimenting with some healthy variations:
- Use a higher percentage of cocoa solids in the dark chocolate to increase the antioxidant content.
- Replace regular flour with whole wheat flour for extra fiber.
- Consider using alternative sweeteners such as maple syrup or honey instead of golden powdered sugar.
In summary, chocolate pecan fondants not only offer delicious taste but also come with some notable health benefits. From the antioxidant power of dark chocolate to the nutritional boost of pecans, these delicious treats can be enjoyed as part of a balanced lifestyle. Remember to enjoy them in moderation to take full advantage of their positive effects on your well-being.