Treat yourself to these irresistible chocolate fondant Easter cakes that are the perfect addition to any tea spread. This delicious recipe will not only satisfy your taste buds but will also invite you to spend some quality time with your family as the kids will be eager to help prepare these tasty treats. The rich chocolate flavor combined with the gooey fudge texture creates a delicious feeling every chocolate lover craves. With simple ingredients and easy instructions, these Easter cakes are an essential addition to your culinary repertoire. Treat yourself and your loved ones to this delicious homemade delicacy!
- 140g soft butter
- 140g golden powdered sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 100g self-raising flour
- 25g cocoa, sifted
- 85g whole milk chocolate, broken
- 85g soft butter
- 140g powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 35g packs of white chocolate Maltesers, foil wrapped mini chocolate eggs. We use Fairtrade Divine milk chocolate eggs from Waitrose
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas mark 5 and place 16 gold ramekins in a cake tin.
- Mix all the ingredients for the cake in a mixing bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the mixture for 2 minutes until smooth.
- Divide the cake batter evenly between the molds and fill them two-thirds full.
- Bake the cakes in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until risen.
- After baking, place the cakes on a rack and let cool.
- Heat the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl for 1 minute or until completely melted.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the melted chocolate to the butter and sugar mixture and mix well.
- Spread the icing on the cooled cake.
- Decorate the cakes with Maltesers and chocolate eggs.
Equipment and tools
- mixing bowl
- Hand mixer or whisk
- Spatula or wooden spoon
- Measurement scales
- Cake Tin
- Wire frame
Please note that this recipe contains the following allergens:
- Butter (contains dairy products)
- Flour (gluten)
- Cocoa (may contain traces of nuts)
- Milk chocolate (contains dairy products)
- White Chocolate Maltesers (contains dairy products)
- Chocolate eggs wrapped in foil (may contain traces of nuts)
Storage and leftovers
Store the chocolate fondant Easter cakes in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. In warm weather it is best to store them in the refrigerator. You can also freeze the cakes for up to a month. Thaw them in the refrigerator before serving.
The Health Benefits of Chocolate Fondant Easter Cake
Who doesn’t love decadent chocolate treats, especially around Easter time? These Chocolate Fudge Easter Cakes are not only delicious, but also surprisingly good for you. Here are some health benefits associated with this delicious dessert:
1. Good source of antioxidants
Dark chocolate, like the cocoa used in these fudge cakes, contains a large amount of antioxidants. These powerful compounds help protect your body from damage caused by harmful free radicals and oxidative stress.
2. Boosts mood and energy
Enjoying a chocolate treat can instantly lift your mood and boost your energy levels. Chocolate contains small amounts of caffeine and theobromine, both of which provide a gentle boost of energy and can increase mental alertness.
3. Promotes heart health
Believe it or not, chocolate can actually be good for your heart. Some studies suggest that consuming dark chocolate in moderation may help reduce the risk of heart disease. The flavonoids found in dark chocolate may help improve blood circulation and reduce inflammation in the cardiovascular system.
4. Contains essential nutrients
Despite its reputation as a sugary treat, chocolate also contains several essential nutrients. Milk chocolate, like the one used in these cakes, provides lots of calcium, which is crucial for strong bones and teeth. It also contains small amounts of iron, magnesium and zinc.
5. Promotes stress relief
Enjoying a sweet treat like this fudge cake can actually help reduce stress. Chocolate contains certain compounds that trigger the release of endorphins, known as “feel-good” hormones. These endorphins can contribute to relaxation and improve overall mood.
6. Increases brain function
Did you know that chocolate can potentially boost your brain power? Some studies have shown that the flavonols in cocoa can improve blood flow to the brain, leading to better cognitive function and a longer attention span.
As you can see, enjoying these chocolate fondant Easter cakes will not only satisfy your sweet tooth but also provide several health benefits. Remember to enjoy them in moderation as part of a balanced diet. Happy Easter!