Treat your taste buds to our delicious Chocolate Egg Lollipop recipe, a delicious treat loved by both the young and the young at heart. These irresistible egg-shaped lollipops are made from a rich and moist chocolate sponge cake. Their glittering appearance will mesmerize you and make them perfect for any occasion that requires a touch of sweetness and glamour. Whether for Easter or as a special surprise, these chocolate egg lollies are guaranteed to put a smile on everyone’s face. Get ready to experience pure joy with every delicious bite!
- 400 g brownies or chocolate sponge cake without icing
- 100g dark chocolate, melted
- 200g bar of white chocolate, broken into pieces
- Sprinkles, edible glitter, etc. for decorating
- 2kg bag of rice – to put the lollies in while they set
- about 20 lollipop sticks, skewers, or long wooden coffee stirrers, plus cellophane and ribbon if you pack them
- Place the raw rice in a deep cake tin and cover the top with cling film (so you can recycle the rice afterwards!).
- Crumble the brownies in a food processor and add the melted dark chocolate. Stir until everything is well mixed. Spoon a tablespoon of the mixture and roll it between your hands into egg shapes. Carefully insert a lollipop or skewer about halfway through, pierce it into the rice to hold it in place, and refrigerate until really firm, 2-3 hours.
- Gently melt the white chocolate in a bowl over a pan of barely simmering water (or in the microwave on low), then remove from heat and allow to cool for 1-2 minutes to thicken slightly. One at a time, dip the chocolate eggs into the white chocolate to coat, allowing the excess to drip back into the chocolate bowl. Place the lollies in the rice-filled cake pan. Place the sprinkles in small bowls, then dip the egg lollies in, gently rolling them around and coating them. Chill again for 1-2 hours or overnight until the chocolate has really hardened and solidified.
- Snack on the lollies as they are, or if they are for egg hunting, wrap them in small squares of cellophane, wrap them around the stick under the egg, and tie them with a pretty ribbon.
Equipment and tools
- Large mixing bowl
- Microwave or pot for melting chocolate
- Spatula or wooden spoon for stirring
- Lollipop sticks, skewers, or long wooden coffee stirrers
- Cellophane and ribbon (optional, for wrapping)
- Rice or 2kg bag of rice to put the lollies in
- Sprinkles, edible glitter or decorations to decorate
This recipe may contain the following allergens:
- Dairy products (milk)
- Soy (dark chocolate)
Please check the specific ingredients you are using for possible allergens or dietary restrictions.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftover chocolate egg lollipops, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
If you wrapped the lollipops, be sure to remove the wrapping before storing.
In order to enjoy the lollies optimally, it is recommended to consume them within the first few days.
The Health Benefits of Chocolate Egg Lollies
Chocolate egg lollipops are not only a delicious treat, but they also offer numerous health benefits. Made from healthy ingredients, these lollipops can be enjoyed guilt-free while providing some nutritional value. Let’s explore the health benefits of chocolate egg lollipops:
1. Antioxidant-rich dark chocolate
Chocolate egg lollipops contain a generous amount of dark chocolate, known for its antioxidant properties. Dark chocolate is rich in flavonoids, a type of antioxidant that helps fight free radicals in the body. Eating foods high in antioxidants can contribute to better overall health and a lower risk of chronic disease.
2. Boosts mood
Eating dark chocolate has been linked to improving mood and reducing stress levels. Dark chocolate contains phenylethylamine, a compound known to promote the release of endorphins, also known as “feel-good” hormones. So treat yourself to a chocolate egg lolly when you need a little pick-me-up!
3. Possible cardiovascular benefits
Studies suggest that the flavonoids found in dark chocolate may have positive effects on heart health. Regular consumption of dark chocolate has been linked to improved blood circulation, lower blood pressure and a lower risk of heart disease. However, moderation is recommended as chocolate egg lollipops should be part of a balanced diet.
4. Fun and portion-controlled
Chocolate egg lollies offer a fun and portion-controlled way to treat yourself to a sweet treat. By using lollipops, skewers, or coffee stirrers, you can enjoy a smaller portion size compared to a regular brownie or chocolate sponge. This helps moderate your calorie intake while satisfying your sweet tooth.
5. Creative and customizable
Chocolate egg lollies offer the opportunity to get creative in the kitchen. With various decorations such as sprinkles and edible glitter, you can customize your lollipops to your liking. Adding these personalized touches to your chocolate egg lollies will not only make them visually appealing but also add a dash of joy to your snacking experience.
Before starting this recipe, make sure you have 400g brownies or unsweetened chocolate sponge, 100g melted dark chocolate, 200g broken white chocolate pieces and decorations such as sprinkles or edible glitter. You will also need about 2kg of rice and about 20 lollipop sticks, skewers or long wooden coffee stirrers to hold the lollipops in place.
So why not try chocolate egg lollipops? Treat yourself to a delicious blend of flavors while reaping some wonderful health benefits!