This easy seafood dinner with soy, ginger, and teriyaki sauce is fresh and flavorful and a great weeknight meal for two. The combination of the mildly spicy chili salmon and the savory teriyaki noodles creates a delicious taste that will satisfy your cravings. This easy-to-make recipe takes less than 30 minutes to prepare and guarantees a delicious experience. The juicy salmon perfectly complements the aromatic flavors of ginger and soy, creating a harmonious blend for your palate. Treat yourself to this delicious dish and enjoy a culinary adventure that is both delicious and practical.
- 2 salmon fillets with skin (about 125 g each)
- 1 small red chili pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ a thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and finely grated
- ½ small packet of coriander, chopped
- 140g sugar peas
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 300 g noodles directly for the wok
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas 5.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the salmon on the baking sheet, skin side down.
- In a bowl, mix the chili, mirin, soy sauce, ginger and coriander.
- Pour the mixture over the salmon.
- Roast the salmon in the oven for 12-15 minutes until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan or wok.
- Add the snow peas to the pan and cook with 1 tablespoon of water for 2 minutes, until soft but still slightly crispy.
- Stir in the teriyaki sauce and noodles and heat through.
- Divide the pasta and pea mixture between two plates.
- Cover the plates with the fried salmon.
Equipment and tools
- frying pan
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- Fish (salmon)
Storage and leftovers
If there are any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. To reheat, simply place the salmon and pasta in a microwave-safe bowl and heat until warmed through.
Health Benefits of Chili Salmon and Teriyaki Noodles
Adding a spicy touch to your meals can not only enhance the taste but also provide several health benefits. This recipe, Chili Salmon Teriyaki Noodles, not only offers a delicious flavor combination, but also provides a range of nutrients that support overall wellness.
1. Omega-3 fatty acids
The star of this dish is the skin-on salmon fillets. These fillets are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for good health. Omega-3 fatty acids help reduce inflammation in the body, support heart health and promote brain function.
The small red chili peppers add a spicy touch to the dish and are a great source of capsaicin. Capsaicin is a compound known for its potential health benefits. It can help boost metabolism, reduce appetite and aid in weight loss. Additionally, capsaicin is associated with pain relief and promoting a healthy cardiovascular system.
This recipe contains ginger, known for its antioxidant properties. Antioxidants protect the body from free radicals, unstable molecules that can promote inflammation and damage cells. Ginger also has an anti-inflammatory effect and promotes digestion.
4. Essential nutrients
The inclusion of coriander provides important nutrients including vitamins A, C and K as well as iron and magnesium. These nutrients support immune function, promote healthy skin and contribute to overall well-being.
5. Fiber and vitamins
Sugar snap peas, also known as snow peas, are a versatile and nutritious vegetable used in this recipe. These crunchy pods are an excellent source of fiber, which aids digestion and supports a healthy gut. Sugar peas also contain vitamins A, C and K as well as folic acid, which are important for various body functions.
6. Low-carb pasta
Teriyaki noodles form the base of this recipe. Prepared directly in the wok, these noodles are a low-carb alternative to traditional wheat-based noodles. They are typically made from konjac flour or tofu, making them suitable for people on a low-carb or gluten-free diet.
7. Flavorful yet low sodium sauce
The teriyaki sauce used in this recipe gives the dish a delicious umami flavor. Compared to store-bought teriyaki sauces, homemade versions can be customized to contain less sodium, making them a healthier option for those watching their sodium intake.
When you enjoy this Chili Salmon Teriyaki Noodles recipe, you can enjoy a flavorful meal while benefiting from the nutrients that the different ingredients provide. It’s a dish that not only satisfies your taste buds but also supports your overall health.
- “The health benefits of… chillies”, BBC Good Food,
- “Omega-3 Fatty Acids: A Major Contribution,” Harvard Health Publishing, Harvard Medical School,
- “The Benefits of Ginger,” WebMD,
- “Coriander: Health Benefits and Nutrition Tips,” Medical News Today,
- “Health Benefits of Sweet Peas”, Why Fruits and Vegetables,
- “Low-Carb Diet: Benefits, Side Effects, and Foods to Eat,” Healthline,
- “Sodium Fact Sheet,” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention,