Do you want to prepare a delicious and healthy lunch? Try our chicken wrap with sticky sweet potato, lettuce leaves and tomatoes! This recipe is perfect for using up any leftover chicken. The multigrain wraps are not only light, but also suitable for the lunch box, making them ideal for meals on the go. To give the wrap a fresh and crunchy touch, we recommend adding a few lettuce leaves. And don’t forget the sweet potato puree, which adds a delicious stickiness to every bite. Enjoy this tasty and nutritious lunch option!
- 100 g cooked sweet potatoes (from lemon garlic roast chicken, see “goes well with this”)
- 2 multigrain wraps
- 200g cooked chicken, shredded (from fried chicken with lemon and garlic, see “goes well with this”)
- small handful of lettuce leaves
- small handful of baby plum or cherry tomatoes, halved
1. Mash last night’s sweet potato until smooth.
2. Spread the sweet potato puree evenly over the wraps.
3. Spread the sweet potato mixture thinly on each wrap.
4. Divide the chicken slices, lettuce leaves and tomatoes among the individual wraps.
5. Place chicken, lettuce leaves and tomatoes on top of the sweet potato mixture.
6. Fold the wrap and roll it up tightly to ensure the filling stays inside.
7. If you want to eat the chicken wrap immediately, you can enjoy it immediately.
8. Alternatively, if you want to save it for later, you can wrap it in baking paper and secure it with string or foil.
Equipment and tools
- cutting board
- baking tray
- mixing bowl
- Fork or potato masher
- measuring spoon
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- Wheat (from the multigrain wraps)
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, place the chicken wrap in a preheated 350°F oven for about 10 minutes or until heated through.
Health Benefits of Chicken Wrap with Sticky Sweet Potato, Lettuce Leaves and Tomatoes
The combination of chicken wrap with sticky sweet potatoes, lettuce leaves and tomatoes not only satisfies your taste buds but also offers numerous health benefits. Let’s take a closer look at the ingredients and their potential benefits for your well-being:
1. Sweet potatoes
Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of vitamins, minerals and fiber. Including 100g of cooked sweet potatoes in this recipe can contribute to:
- Energy supplier thanks to high carbohydrate content.
- Strengthen your immune system with vitamin C, which also acts as an antioxidant.
- Promote healthy digestion and bowel movements thanks to their high fiber content.
- Supports eye health with beta-carotene, which is converted into vitamin A.
- Provides anti-inflammatory properties due to its concentration of anthocyanins.
2. Multigrain wrap
Choosing multigrain wraps over refined flour options can provide several nutritional benefits:
- Rich in fiber, promotes satiety and supports digestion.
- More nutrients such as B vitamins, vitamin E, magnesium and zinc compared to refined flour wraps.
- Helps maintain stable blood sugar levels due to the lower glycemic index of whole grains.
3. Boiled chicken
Chicken is a lean source of protein, making it an excellent addition to a healthy meal:
- Supports muscle growth, muscle repair and muscle maintenance.
- Satisfies hunger and supports weight management through a feeling of satiety.
- Providing essential amino acids necessary for various body functions.
- Supports immune function by providing zinc and vitamin B6.
4. Lettuce leaves
Adding lettuce leaves to your chicken wrap can boost its nutritional value by:
- Plenty of vitamins and minerals, including vitamins A, C and K, as well as folic acid and iron.
- Contributes to hydration due to its high water content.
- Providing fiber that aids digestion and promotes a healthy gut.
- Providing antioxidants that help protect against cell damage.
5. Baby plum or cherry tomatoes
In addition to adding flavor and color to the chicken wrap, tomatoes also provide several health benefits:
- High in vitamin C, which strengthens the immune system and supports collagen production.
- Contains lycopene, an antioxidant that may have anti-cancer properties and protect against heart disease.
- Rich in potassium, which helps regulate blood pressure.
- Source of fiber that supports digestion and prevents constipation.
Combining these nutritious ingredients in a delicious chicken wrap creates a well-rounded meal that will satisfy your hunger and nourish your body. When you enjoy this tasty dish, you can pamper your taste buds with a clear conscience without endangering your health.