Experience the sensational flavors of India with our delicious Chicken Tikka with Spiced Rice recipe. Indulge without feeling guilty as this healthy dish is baked to perfection and offers a healthier alternative to traditional Indian cuisine. Juicy chicken with aromatic spices is served alongside fragrant and fresh rice, making for a truly nutritious and fulfilling dining experience. Embark on a culinary journey and enjoy the vibrant and delicious taste of this delicious dish. Be enchanted by the rich flavors and tantalizing aromas that will definitely leave you wanting more!
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 150g cup of low-fat natural yogurt
- 50g tikka paste
- 100 g cucumber, diced
- 1 tbsp coarsely chopped mint leaves
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 140g easy-to-cook long grain rice
- 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- 50g frozen peas
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- Deeply score each chicken breast 3-4 times on one side with a knife.
- Place the chicken breasts in a bowl and add 50g yoghurt and the tikka paste.
- Mix well, cover the bowl and marinate the chicken in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Prepare raita by stirring the cucumber and most of the mint into the remaining yogurt.
- Season the raita with black pepper, cover and chill in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/220°C fan/gas 9.
- Spread the onion wedges on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and shake off the excess.
- Place the chicken on top of the onion wedges on the baking sheet.
- Cook the chicken and onion wedges in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add rice, curry powder, peas and pepper to a pot of boiling water.
- Simmer the rice mixture for 10 minutes or until the rice is just tender.
- Drain the rice mixture well and divide it among 4 plates.
- Add the cooked chicken, fried onions, and remaining mint to each plate.
- Serve the chicken tikka with spiced rice along with the cucumber raita.
Equipment and tools
Before you start making Chicken Tikka with Spiced Rice, make sure you have the following equipment and tools:
- cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Grill or grill
- Large frying pan
- wooden spoon
- Pot with lid
Please note the following allergen information for Chicken Tikka with Spiced Rice:
- This recipe contains dairy in the form of low-fat yogurt.
- Tikka paste may contain gluten. Therefore, please check the label for information about allergens.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftover Chicken Tikka with Spiced Rice, follow these storage guidelines:
- Allow the dish to cool completely before storing.
- Transfer the leftovers to an airtight container.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Warm up thoroughly before consumption.
Health Benefits of Chicken Tikka with Spiced Rice
Chicken Tikka with Spiced Rice is an aromatic and delicious dish that not only satisfies your taste buds but also offers various health benefits. Packed with nutritious ingredients, this recipe is a great addition to a balanced diet. Let’s take a closer look at some of the health benefits it offers:
1. Rich in protein
Thanks to the chicken breast, this dish is a fantastic source of protein. Protein is essential for building and repairing tissue, promoting muscle growth, and strengthening the immune system. Getting adequate amounts of protein in your diet can also help you feel fuller for longer, which can be helpful in weight management.
2. Little fat
By using skinless chicken breasts and low-fat natural yogurt, this recipe keeps the fat content to a minimum. It is a healthier alternative to dishes containing high-fat ingredients. Consuming less saturated fat can help maintain heart health and reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
3. Rich in fiber
The addition of vegetables such as cucumbers, peas and red pepper adds fiber to the dish. Fiber supports digestion, promotes satiety and supports a healthy intestine. It can also help regulate blood sugar levels and lower cholesterol, reducing the risk of diabetes and heart disease.
4. Packed with vitamins and minerals
The various ingredients used in this recipe provide a range of vitamins and minerals that are essential for overall health. For example, cucumbers are a good source of vitamin K and antioxidants, while mint leaves provide vitamin A and iron. Red onions are rich in vitamin C and manganese and red peppers provide vitamin C and B6.
5. Antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties
The combination of spices like tikka paste and curry powder adds more than just flavor to the dish. These spices contain powerful antioxidants that protect the body from oxidative stress and reduce inflammation. Incorporating them into your meals can have long-term health benefits.
Overall, enjoying a plate of chicken tikka with spiced rice will not only satisfy your taste buds but also provide many health benefits. In addition to being a good source of protein, this dish provides essential vitamins and minerals and can be a nutritious addition to your diet. So why not give it a try and reap the benefits of this tasty and healthy meal?