Enjoy the taste of tender and juicy chicken tikka kebabs accompanied by a refreshing Indian salad with our low-fat twist on this classic dish. These kebabs are grilled to perfection with aromatic spices, giving them a deliciously smoky flavor.
Enjoy this option without feeling guilty, without compromising on taste and quality. Full of bright colors and crunchy textures, our Indian salad beautifully complements the kebabs and adds a refreshing and flavorful touch to the meal.
Experience the best of Indian cuisine without worrying about excess calories. Every bite of these delicious chicken tikka kebabs with our healthy Indian salad will transport your taste buds to a culinary paradise.
- 150 ml cup of low-fat natural yogurt
- 2 tbsp tikka masala paste (we used pataks)
- 700 g skinless and boneless chicken breast, cut into pieces
- ½ cucumber, chopped
- large tomato, chopped
- 1 green chili pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- 8 tortilla wraps or chapatis made from soft flour
- Mix the yogurt with the curry paste in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken, season and stir well.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes to give the spices time to season the chicken (or prepare ahead and refrigerate for several hours or overnight).
- Prepare the salad before you start cooking the skewers. Simply mix cucumber, tomatoes, chili, onion and coriander.
- Season lightly and then cover until the meal is ready to serve.
- Preheat the grill or broiler.
- Thread the chicken onto 8 metal or wooden skewers.
- Grill or broil the skewers for 8-10 minutes, turning frequently.
- At the same time, warm the tortillas or chapatis on one side of the grill and wrap them in foil.
- Serve two kebabs per person with two tortillas or chapatis and plenty of salad.
Equipment and tools
List of equipment and tools required for making chicken tikka kebabs with Indian salad:
- Sharp knife
- Grill or grill
- mixing bowl
- Spatula or tongs
Please note the following allergen information for Chicken Tikka Kebabs with Indian Salad:
- This recipe contains dairy products in the form of natural yogurt.
- Tikka masala paste may contain allergenic ingredients. Check the label for allergen information.
- Flour tortillas or chapatis may contain gluten.
- Always read the labels of store-bought ingredients to ensure they are appropriate for your dietary needs.
Storage and leftovers
Here are some storage and leftover tips for Chicken Tikka Kebabs with Indian Salad:
- Leftover chicken tikka kebabs can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- The Indian salad can be stored separately in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- When reheating, be sure to heat the kebabs thoroughly until they are piping hot.
Health Benefits of “Chicken Tikka Kebabs with Indian Salad”
Chicken Tikka Kebabs with Indian Salad not only delight your taste buds but also offer numerous health benefits. This popular Indian dish combines marinated chicken pieces with a spicy tikka masala paste and is served with a refreshing Indian salad. Let’s explore the health benefits of this delicious recipe.
1. High protein content
Chicken Tikka Kebabs are an excellent source of high-quality protein. Skinless, boneless chicken breast provides lean protein, which is essential for building and repairing tissue, promoting healthy hair and nails, and supporting muscle growth.
2. Little fat
By using low-fat natural yogurt and avoiding chicken skin, this recipe reduces the overall fat content. Opting for low-fat options helps lower the amount of saturated fat, which contributes to a healthier heart and lower risk of cardiovascular disease.
3. Rich in vitamins and minerals
This dish contains various vegetables like cucumber, tomatoes, green chilies, onions and fresh coriander. These ingredients provide a wide range of essential vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, vitamin K, potassium and fiber. These nutrients promote a healthy immune system, aid digestion, and support overall well-being.
4. Rich in antioxidants
The addition of fresh coriander and spices like tikka masala paste gives the dish an antioxidant boost. Antioxidants help neutralize harmful free radicals in the body, protect against oxidative stress and reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as cancer and heart disease.
5. Suitable for weight management
Chicken Tikka Kebabs with Indian Salad can be a fantastic option for anyone who wants to control their weight. The dish’s high protein and fiber content promotes satiety and helps control cravings and prevent overeating.
6. Versatility and portion control
This recipe offers versatility in serving options. You can enjoy the chicken tikka kebabs with either soft flour tortilla wraps or chapatis. Opting for whole wheat wraps or chapatis increases fiber intake. In addition, the individual portions of kebabs and salad allow for better portion control, thereby supporting calorie management.
Try this delicious and nutritious Chicken Tikka Kebabs with Indian Salad recipe for a healthy meal that will benefit your taste buds and your health alike!