Looking for a no-fuss, delicious dinner? Our one-pot chicken pilaf is exactly what you need. This recipe not only saves time by minimizing washing up, but it also allows you to enjoy your meal straight from the cookware! From tender chicken to aromatic rice and fragrant spices, every bite is packed with incredible flavors. Whether it’s a busy weeknight or a relaxing weekend, this filling dish is sure to become a family favorite. Try it and enjoy the convenience and taste in every delicious spoonful!
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large or 2 small boneless, skinless chicken thigh fillets, cut into pieces
- 2 tsp curry paste (choose your favorite)
- a third of a cup of basmati rice
- two-thirds of a cup of chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- half a cup of frozen spinach leaves
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the onion for 5-6 minutes until soft.
- Add the chicken pieces.
- Fry for a few more minutes to color the outside.
- Stir in curry paste and rice.
- Let cook for another minute.
- Pour in chicken broth.
- Add larger pieces of frozen vegetables.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and then cover the pan with a lid.
- Let cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in remaining vegetables.
- Sprinkle over the spinach, cover and cook for another 10 minutes, until all the broth is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Stir everything well.
- Season to taste.
Equipment and tools
To prepare the one-pot chicken pilaf recipe, you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Large pot or pot
- Wooden spoon or spatula
- Beaker or measuring cup
Please note the following allergen information for the One-Pot Chicken Pilaf:
- This recipe contains chicken and may not be suitable for those with poultry allergies.
- The curry paste used may contain allergens such as gluten, soy or nuts. Please check the label for specific information.
- If you have other specific allergies or dietary restrictions, be sure to read the ingredient list carefully.
Storage and leftovers
Here are some guidelines for storing and handling leftover one-pot chicken pilaf:
- Allow the dish to cool completely before transferring to an airtight container.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- You can warm up the pilaf in the microwave or on the stove. Before serving, ensure the internal temperature reaches a safe temperature.
- It is not recommended to freeze this dish as the rice may become mushy when thawed.
Health Benefits of One Pot Chicken Pilaf
The One-Pot Chicken Pilaf is a delicious and healthy dish that not only satisfies your taste buds but also offers multiple health benefits. This recipe is packed with essential nutrients and offers a balanced combination of protein, carbohydrates and vegetables. Let’s explore some of the health benefits this tasty meal offers.
1. Lean protein source
The boneless, skinless chicken thigh fillets in this pilaf recipe serve as an excellent source of lean protein. Protein is essential for building and repairing tissue, supporting muscle growth, and maintaining overall health. Consuming an adequate amount of protein also helps keep you full and satisfied for longer, thereby contributing to weight control.
2. Nutrient-rich vegetables
This one-pot chicken pilaf also contains frozen mixed vegetables and spinach leaves, providing a significant amount of essential vitamins and minerals. This vegetable is rich in fiber, vitamins A, C and K, and minerals such as potassium and magnesium. Including these nutrient-dense vegetables in your diet promotes a healthy immune system, aids digestion, and supports overall well-being.
3. Basmati rice for energy
Basmati rice, a basic ingredient in this dish, provides an excellent source of energy. It is a complex carbohydrate that provides the body with sustained energy throughout the day. Additionally, basmati rice is low in fat and cholesterol, making it a healthier alternative compared to refined grains. Its high fiber content supports digestive health and helps maintain blood sugar levels.
4. Antioxidant properties
The curry paste used in this recipe contains various spices such as turmeric, coriander and cumin, which are known for their powerful antioxidant properties. Antioxidants protect the body from harmful free radicals, reduce the risk of chronic diseases and promote overall well-being.
5. Little fat
By using sunflower oil and skinless chicken thigh fillets in this recipe, One-Pot Chicken Pilaf offers a healthier alternative to traditional rice dishes that may be high in fat. This low-fat meal helps maintain a healthy weight and reduce the risk of heart disease.
In summary, One-Pot Chicken Pilaf not only satisfies your taste buds but also offers numerous health benefits. The combination of lean protein, nutrient-dense vegetables, basmati rice, antioxidants and low fat makes it a healthy meal. Improve your eating experience with this delicious and nutritious recipe!