Discover the incredible flavor and tenderness of our Chicken Paillard with Lemon and Herbs. This delicious recipe showcases the art of pounding meat thin and flat, making it the perfect choice for barbecue lovers. With this technique we guarantee that your chicken breast stays moist and juicy and never dries out. With the refreshing hint of lemon and the aromatic note of herbs, every bite is full of flavor. Level up your culinary skills with our irresistible Paillard of Chicken and experience a meal that is both filling and memorable.
- 6 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 140g bag of rocket
- 25g Parmesan
- Lemon slices
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 rosemary sprigs, leaves finely chopped
- 6 sage leaves, finely chopped
- Grate the zest of a lemon and the juice of half a lemon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of cling film or baking paper.
- Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, pound each piece of chicken and flatten it into an even layer about 1/2 inch thick.
- Place the flattened chicken breasts in a bowl.
- Crush the garlic in a mortar with a good pinch of salt.
- Add rosemary and sage to the crushed garlic and mix everything together.
- Stir in lemon zest and juice, olive oil and some ground black pepper to make the marinade.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken, making sure each piece is well coated.
- Cover the dish with the marinated chicken and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Heat the grill and wait for the flames to go out.
- Distribute the coals evenly.
- Fry the chicken on the grill for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a board and let it rest for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Add the arugula and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Mix together the arugula and dressing.
- Grate Parmesan cheese over the salad.
- Serve the salad with the cooked chicken and lemon wedges for squeezing.
Equipment and tools
- cutting board
- Meat mallet or rolling pin
- Meat thermometer
This recipe contains the following allergenic ingredients:
- Milk (Parmesan cheese)
Please exercise caution if you or your guests have allergies or dietary restrictions.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers from this recipe, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, gently heat the chicken paillard in a skillet over medium-high heat until heated through. Do not overcook as this may dry out the chicken.
The Health Benefits of Chicken Paillard with Lemon and Herbs
When it comes to preparing a delicious and healthy meal, chicken fillet with lemon and herbs is an excellent choice. This dish not only pampers your taste buds but also offers numerous health benefits. From lean protein to vitamin C, here are some reasons why you should try this recipe:
1. Lean protein
With six skinless chicken breasts as the main ingredient, this dish is packed with lean protein. Protein is essential for building and repairing tissue and maintaining a healthy immune system. Eating lean protein can also help with weight management by helping you feel fuller for longer.
2. Essential fatty acids
Using olive oil in this recipe provides a dose of healthy fats. Olive oil is rich in monounsaturated fats, including oleic acid, which have been linked to various health benefits. These healthy fats can help reduce inflammation, lower the risk of heart disease, and improve overall heart health.
Several ingredients in this recipe are packed with antioxidants that protect your body from damage caused by harmful free radicals. Garlic, rosemary, and sage contain powerful antioxidants that may reduce the risk of chronic disease and promote healthy aging.
4. Vitamin C
The lemon used in this dish is an excellent source of vitamin C. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that boosts the immune system, supports collagen production and supports skin health. It also helps the body absorb iron from plant foods.
5. Nutrient-rich greens
The arugula and parmesan cheese add extra nutritional value to this dish. Arugula, also known as arugula, is a leafy vegetable packed with vitamins A, C, and K, as well as folic acid and calcium. Parmesan cheese is a good source of calcium and protein.
With all these health benefits in one dish, the Chicken Paillard with Lemon and Herbs is not only a delight for the senses but also a nutritious choice for your well-being. So why not try this recipe and enjoy a tasty and healthy meal?