Welcome to our recipe page with a delicious dish called “Cheesy Autumn Mushrooms”! This tempting low-carb treat will instantly become your favorite fall meal. Full of rich flavors and ready in just 5 minutes, it’s perfect for busy weeknights when time is of the essence. Treat yourself to the goodness of earthy mushrooms combined with a heavenly cheese infusion that is sure to leave your taste buds wanting more. Whether you’re a cheese lover, a fall lover, or just looking for a quick and delicious dinner option, this recipe is a must!
- 4 large field mushrooms
- 100g Gorgonzola or other blue cheese, crumbled
- 25g walnuts, roasted and roughly chopped
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- Piece of butter, cut into small pieces
- Arugula leaves for serving
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Arrange the mushrooms on a baking sheet.
- Scatter cheese, walnuts, thyme sprigs and butter on top.
- This phase can be done up to a day in advance.
- Place in the oven and cook for 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the mushrooms are soft.
- Arrange a few arugula leaves on plates.
- Place the mushrooms on the arugula leaves.
Equipment and tools
To make Cheesy Autumn Mushrooms you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Aluminum foil
- cutting board
This cheese fall mushroom recipe may contain the following allergens:
- Cheese (Gorgonzola or other blue cheese)
Please exercise caution if you or anyone consuming this dish has any known allergies or sensitivities to these ingredients.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftover Cheesy Fall Mushrooms, you can store them properly to enjoy later. Here are some guidelines:
- Allow the mushrooms to cool completely.
- Place them in an airtight container or wrap tightly in aluminum foil.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours of cooking.
- Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To reheat, preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Place the mushrooms on a baking sheet and warm in the oven for about 10 minutes or until warmed through.
Enjoy the cheesy autumn mushrooms as a delicious leftover meal!
Health Benefits of Cheesy Fall Mushrooms
In addition to being delicious and versatile in the kitchen, mushrooms also offer a variety of health benefits. Combined with the good gorgonzola cheese, walnuts and thyme, you get a tasty and nutritious dish – cheesy autumn mushrooms. This article is about the health benefits of this delicious recipe and why you should consider adding it to your fall menu.
Mushrooms – nutritional powerhouses
Starting with the main ingredient, mushrooms, they are low in calories and fat, making them an excellent choice for anyone watching their weight. These mushrooms are packed with essential nutrients, including vitamins (like vitamin D, B vitamins and antioxidants) and minerals like potassium, copper and selenium. In addition, mushrooms are a good source of fiber, which aids digestion and helps maintain a healthy intestine.
Gorgonzola cheese – a tasty addition
Using Gorgonzola or another blue cheese in this recipe not only improves the taste but also provides some health benefits. Blue cheeses are known for their rich, tangy flavor and creamy texture. They provide a good dose of calcium, protein and vitamins, especially vitamin B12. Calcium is important for strong bones and teeth, while B vitamins support metabolism and red blood cell production.
Walnuts – a crunchy and nutritious topping
When walnuts are toasted and sprinkled over the cheesy fall mushrooms, they provide a tasty bite and a wealth of health benefits. Walnuts are rich in heart-healthy monounsaturated fats and also contain omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants. These components help reduce inflammation, support brain health, and reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease and certain cancers.
Thyme – a medicinal herb
Not only does thyme add a fragrant and earthy flavor to the dish, but it also has numerous medicinal properties. This herb is rich in essential oils, vitamins and minerals. Thyme contains compounds with antimicrobial and antioxidant properties that help fight infections and strengthen the immune system. Additionally, thyme is believed to have anti-inflammatory effects and can relieve respiratory problems.
Enjoy the benefits with cheesy fall mushrooms
Incorporating these ingredients into your cheesy fall mushroom dish will help you enjoy a flavorful meal while reaping the health benefits. Whether you’re focused on weight management, general wellness, or simply discovering new taste sensations, this recipe offers a delicious and nutritious option to satisfy your cravings.