Looking for a quick and delicious meal idea? Try our Cheesy Bean & Chipotle Quesadillas! With just a few simple ingredients, you can transform your plain flour tortilla wraps into a delicious treat. These quesadillas are filled with a flavorful blend of beans and grilled to perfection, giving you the perfect combination of cheesy, spicy, and crunchy flavor. Whether you’re looking for a tasty lunch or a filling dinner, these quesadillas will hit the spot. So grab these tortilla wraps from your pantry and get ready for a delicious Mexican inspired treat!
- 2 x 400g cans of mixed bean salad
- 3 tbsp chipotle sauce
- small packet of cilantro, chopped
- 140g Red Leicester cheese, grated
- Pack 8 flour tortillas
- Drain the beans, reserving 2 tablespoons of canned water.
- Place the drained beans in a bowl.
- Add the reserved water, chipotle sauce, cilantro, and half of the cheese to the beans.
- Mash everything well with a fork or potato masher.
- Place four tortillas on a clean surface.
- Spread ¼ of the cheesy bean mixture on each tortilla.
- Top the bean mixture with the remaining cheese.
- Place another tortilla on top of each quesadilla and press together with your hands.
- Heat a griddle over medium-high heat.
- Microwave each quesadilla for 45 seconds so the cheese begins to melt.
- Place the quesadillas on the preheated griddle and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Continue this process with the remaining quesadillas, keeping them warm in a low oven.
- After cooking, cut the quesadillas into wedges.
- Serve and enjoy!
Equipment and tools
- Large mixing bowl
- Spoon or fork for mixing
- Frying pan or frying pan
- Spatula or tongs for turning the quesadillas
- cheese grater
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- Mixed bean salad (may contain allergens, see label)
- Red Leicester cheese (contains milk)
- Flour tortillas (contains wheat)
Please check the labels of the ingredients you use to ensure they are appropriate for your dietary restrictions.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, simply place the quesadillas in a preheated 350°F oven or toaster for about 10 minutes or until heated through. Enjoy!
Health Benefits of Cheesy Bean and Chipotle Quesadillas
Cheesy bean and chipotle quesadillas are not only delicious and filling, but they also offer numerous health benefits. Packed with healthy ingredients, this recipe is a nutritious choice that can support your overall well-being. Let’s delve deeper into the health benefits of each ingredient in this flavorful dish:
Mixed bean salad
The base of these quesadillas is a combination of mixed beans, which are a rich source of plant-based protein. Beans are low in fat, cholesterol-free, and high in fiber, making them great for promoting a healthy digestive system and preventing constipation. They’re also packed with essential nutrients like folic acid, iron, potassium and magnesium, which support heart health and help regulate blood pressure.
Chipotle sauce gives these quesadillas a smoky and spicy touch while offering some surprising health benefits. Chipotle peppers contain capsaicin, a compound known for its anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties. Additionally, capsaicin is associated with a boosted metabolism, which supports weight management and promotes fat burning. It can also reduce cravings and increase feelings of satiety, potentially helping to support weight loss goals.
Cilantro, also known as cilantro, is an herb commonly used in Mexican cuisine. Not only does it give the quesadillas a fresh and vibrant taste, but it also offers a number of health benefits. Cilantro contains antioxidants that help protect against free radical damage, support cellular health, and potentially reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease and certain cancers. In addition, it has anti-inflammatory properties and can aid digestion.
Red Leicester cheese
The cheesy flavor of these quesadillas comes from the Red Leicester cheese. Although cheese should be consumed in moderation due to its high calorie and fat content, it still offers some nutritional benefits. Red Leicester cheese is a great source of calcium, essential for strong bones and teeth. It also contains protein, vitamins A and B12, and minerals such as phosphorus and zinc.
With these nutrient-dense ingredients, you can enjoy Cheesy Bean Chipotle Quesadillas guilt-free, knowing you’re fueling your body with a variety of healthy nutrients. Remember to choose whole wheat tortillas for an extra nutritional boost! So why not enjoy this tasty dish that will not only satisfy your taste buds but also contribute to your well-being?