Looking for a quick and delicious recipe? Look no further! Our Cheese, Tomato and Pesto Tart is incredibly easy to make with just five simple ingredients.
This delicious tart has a crispy and flaky crust, topped with a creamy cheese layer, fresh and juicy tomatoes and a tangy pesto sauce.
Whether you’re in the mood for a light lunch, a savory snack or a favorite appetizer, this tart is sure to satisfy your appetite. In no time, you’ll have a homemade masterpiece that looks and tastes like it came from a gourmet bakery. Try it today!
- 375 ml package of ready-rolled puff pastry
- 85g Wensleydale cheese (or other crumbly, flavorful cheese)
- a handful of pitted olives
- 250 g punnet-shaped cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp pesto, try using fresh pesto from the fridge
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Roll out the dough on a flat baking tray.
- Using a sharp knife, score a rectangle about two finger-widths from the edge of the dough.
- Spread the dough on the inside of the marked edge.
- Spread the cheese, olives and tomatoes in the middle of the cake.
- Season to taste.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the dough is crisp and risen, the tomatoes are soft and the cheese is golden brown.
- Drizzle the pesto over it.
- To serve, cut the tart into slices.
- Enjoy with a green salad.
Equipment and tools
To make this Cheese, Tomato and Pesto Pie you will need the following equipment and tools:
- baking tray
- parchment paper
- rolling pin
The Cheese, Tomato and Pesto Tart recipe may contain allergens. Please note the following:
- Wensleydale Cheese: Contains dairy products
- Pesto: May contain nuts and dairy products
- Puff pastry: May contain wheat gluten
- Olives: May contain pits
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftover cheese, tomato and pesto tart, you can follow these storage guidelines:
- Allow the tart to cool completely.
- Place any remaining slices in an airtight container.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.
When ready to eat, you can enjoy the tart cold or reheat it in the oven for a few minutes until warmed through.
Health Benefits of Cheese, Tomato and Pesto Tart
Cheese, tomato and pesto tart is not only a delicious and aromatic dish but also brings several health benefits. This cake combines the creaminess of cheese, the spice of tomatoes and the aromatic taste of pesto and is therefore a perfect treat for your palate and your well-being. Let’s dive into the health benefits this delicious recipe offers.
1. Nutritional values
The Cheese, Tomato and Pesto Tart contains several nutritious ingredients that promote health. Puff pastry, which serves as a base, is a rich source of carbohydrates and provides energy for your daily activities. Wensleydale cheese provides a crumbly and sharp taste while providing important nutrients such as calcium, vitamin B12 and phosphorus for maintaining healthy bones and teeth.
2. Immune-boosting tomatoes
The addition of cherry tomatoes in this tart not only improves its freshness and taste but also brings exceptional health benefits. Cherry tomatoes are rich in vitamins A and C, which act as antioxidants and strengthen your immune system by protecting your cells from damage caused by harmful free radicals. Additionally, they contain lycopene, a powerful antioxidant that has been linked to a reduced risk of heart disease and certain cancers.
3. Pestos Nutrient Punch
Pesto made from fresh ingredients adds a touch of flavor and nutrition to this tart. The main ingredient of pesto is basil, which is rich in vitamins A, K and C. These vitamins help maintain healthy skin, support blood clotting and strengthen the immune system. In addition, basil also contains essential minerals such as magnesium, calcium and iron, which play an important role in various body functions.
4. Antioxidant-rich olives
Using pitted olives in this recipe not only provides a wonderfully salty taste, but also provides plenty of antioxidants. Olives are a great source of vitamin E and other powerful antioxidants, which protect your cells from oxidative stress and inflammation and reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease and certain cancers.
5. Versatile pesto
Pesto, a key ingredient in this tart, is not only a delicious addition but also a versatile condiment. It can be incorporated into various other recipes such as pasta, salads or sandwiches, providing you with the same health benefits and improving the taste of your dishes.