Welcome to our recipe page for delicious cheese sausage rolls! These delicious treats are full of flavor and a perfect addition to any gathering or snack time. Our fabulous combination of savory sausages and gooey cheese will leave you wanting more. Please note that this recipe contains pork and is therefore only suitable for non-Muslims. Get ready to impress your taste buds with every bite of these delicious cheese sausage rolls. Enjoy the delicious blend of ingredients that will satisfy your cravings in every way!
- 500g pack of bread mix
- Oil, for greasing
- 8 good quality sausages, cooked and cooled according to package instructions
- some flour for dusting
- 50g garlic butter, melted
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 200 g mature cheddar, grated
Cheese sausage rolls
- Prepare the bread mixture according to package directions.
- Place the bread mixture in a warm place to rise in a bowl covered with oiled plastic wrap.
- Cut the boiled sausages into slices about 1 cm thick.
Rolling and Stuffing
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface into a rectangle measuring approximately 50 x 30 cm.
- Spread the rolled out dough with half of the garlic butter.
- Scatter green onions, cheese and sausage over the dough.
- Roll up the dough tightly from one of the longest sides, similar to a Swiss roll.
- Cut the rolled out dough into 12 pieces with a sharp, floured knife.
Assemble and bake
- Wipe the holes of a 12-hole muffin tin with some melted butter.
- Place a roll of bread, cut side up, in each hole of the muffin tin.
- Pat the remaining garlic butter over the top of each bun.
- Cover the muffin tin loosely with oiled cling film and place in a warm place for 30 minutes to allow the rolls to rise slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- Bake the buns for 20-25 minutes until they turn golden brown and have risen.
- Let the rolls cool in the tins for 10 minutes.
- Then take them out to eat warm or to cool completely.
Equipment and tools
- Bowl for mixing bread mixture
- Oven for baking the sausage rolls
- Baking tray or baking tray to place the rolls
- Rolling pin for smoothing the bread dough
- Knife for cutting the rolls
- Brush for spreading melted garlic butter
- Use grater to grate the mature cheddar
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- Gluten from bread mix
- Garlic butter and cheddar cheese dairy products
Before preparing and serving the cheese sausage rolls, please ensure that these allergens are safe to consume.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. If you want to enjoy them, you can reheat them in the oven at 180°C for about 10 minutes until heated through. They are best served fresh, but reheating also makes a delicious snack.
Health Benefits of “Cheese Sausage Rolls”
The combination of cheese flavor and hearty sausage make “Cheesy Sausage Rolls” an irresistible treat. While they may not be the most health-conscious snack, this delicious recipe offers some surprising health benefits.
1. Good source of protein
The sausages used in this recipe are a great source of protein. Protein is an essential nutrient that plays a crucial role in various body functions. It helps build and repair tissue, supports the immune system, and helps produce enzymes and hormones.
2. Essential nutrients
The combination of sausage and cheese in these rolls provides important nutrients such as calcium, phosphorus and vitamin B12. Calcium is important for strong bones and teeth, while phosphorus supports cell function. Vitamin B12 is necessary for the formation of red blood cells and maintaining a healthy nervous system.
3. Fiber content
The bread mixture that serves as the base for these sausage rolls contains fiber. Fiber aids digestion, helps regulate blood sugar levels, and promotes satiety, which can prevent overeating. It is also important for a healthy gut microbiome.
4. Controlled portion size
The recipe suggests using good quality sausages and recommends cooking and cooling them before adding them to the rolls. This step removes excess fat, making the sausage rolls healthier. Additionally, portion control can be easier with pre-made rolls since you know exactly how many you’re consuming.
5. Flavorful Substitutions
While the recipe calls for traditional sausages and aged cheddar, it can easily be adapted to different dietary preferences or restrictions. For a healthier option, turkey sausages and reduced-fat cheese can be used. Adding vegetables such as spinach or grated zucchini can also increase the nutritional content of the rolls.
Although Cheesy Sausage Rolls may be considered a treat, they do offer some surprising health benefits. By using high-quality ingredients and following moderation, you can enjoy these savory treats while still eating a balanced diet.