Treat yourself to the irresistible taste of our Cheesy Confit Garlic Bread, the perfect complement to your favorite main dishes. Our secret lies in the slow cooking method, where we gently simmer the garlic in luxurious butter, giving it a wonderfully mild flavor. As you sink your teeth into each warm, cheesy bite, you’ll be transported to a world of complete culinary bliss. Whether you pair it with pasta or steak or just enjoy it on its own, this delicious garlic bread will leave you wanting more. Treat your taste buds to this cheese and garlic treat today!
- 75g butter
- 6 cloves of garlic
- Parsley leaves chopped
- 1 small (demi) baguette
- 125 g ball mozzarella, sliced, or 50 g cheddar, grated
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Add the garlic and cook gently for 20-25 minutes until soft and golden brown.
- Let the garlic butter cool for a few minutes.
- Using a potato masher or fork, mash the garlic into the butter.
- Place the garlic butter in a plastic container.
- Refrigerate or freeze until the butter solidifies a little.
- Season the butter well and stir in most of the parsley.
- Chill again until firm and spreadable.
- The butter can be refrigerated for three days or frozen for a month.
- Cut the baguette lengthwise into two pieces.
- Spread the garlic butter on the cut side of the baguette.
- Place the baguette on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle mozzarella or cheddar cheese over the baguette.
- Cover the prepared bread and refrigerate it for a day.
- Preheat the oven to 210°C/190°C fan/gas 8.
- Bake the bread for 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
- Cut the cheesy confit garlic bread into wedges.
- Sprinkle with the remaining parsley leaves.
- Serve the bread with breaded chicken and spicy tomato spaghetti.
Equipment and tools
- cutting board
- baking paper
This recipe contains dairy (butter, mozzarella/cheddar) and gluten (baguette). It may not be suitable for those with lactose intolerance or gluten intolerance.
Storage and leftovers
Store leftover Cheesy Confit Garlic Bread in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Before serving, heat in a preheated oven at 180°C (350°F) for a few minutes until warmed through.
Health Benefits of Cheese Confit Garlic Bread
Enjoying a slice of warm and gooey cheese confit garlic bread is not only a delicious treat for your taste buds, but it also offers some surprising health benefits. Packed with flavorful ingredients, this recipe combines the goodness of garlic, parsley and mozzarella or cheddar cheese, making it the perfect choice for a delicious and nutritious snack.
Garlic: A Nutritional Powerhouse
One of the main ingredients in cheesy confit garlic bread is garlic, which not only provides its delicious taste but also provides numerous health benefits. Garlic is known to have antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties, making it a natural immune booster. It contains a compound called allicin, which offers potential cardiovascular benefits by helping to lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
Parsley: A refreshing herb
Parsley gives this dish an extra touch of freshness and bright green color. This humble herb is low in calories but rich in essential nutrients. Parsley is rich in antioxidants, including vitamin C and flavonoids, which can contribute to your body’s overall health. It also contains vitamin K, which is necessary for blood clotting and bone health.
Mozzarella or cheddar cheese: calcium-rich options
The cheesy element in this recipe is provided by either mozzarella or cheddar cheese. Both options are excellent sources of calcium, a mineral that is crucial for maintaining strong bones and teeth. Calcium also plays an important role in muscle function and nerve transmission. Additionally, these cheeses provide protein, which is essential for the growth and repair of body tissues.
Butter: Moderation is key
Although butter is used in this recipe, it is important to consume it in moderation due to its high saturated fat content. However, butter contains some beneficial nutrients, including vitamins A, D, E, and K. Remember to use butter in limited amounts to keep your overall fat intake under control.
Enjoy cheesy confit garlic bread
As delicious as it sounds, Cheese Confit Garlic Bread can be enjoyed as an appetizing snack, party food or even as a side dish to your favorite main dish. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different cheeses or add your own blend of herbs to personalize the recipe to your taste.