Treat yourself to the irresistible combination of butter fondant and the seductive aroma of cardamom. This recipe takes traditional fudge to a new level and gives it a fragrant twist. The delicious caramel is then tantalizingly dipped in rich, velvety dark chocolate, taking its decadence to a new level. For an extra, delicious taste, the fudge is decorated with a sprinkle of freeze-dried raspberries. Each bite offers a harmonious balance of flavors that will leave your taste buds wanting more. Enjoy the luxury of this chocolate dipped cardamom fudge and delight your senses to the fullest!
- 20 cardamom pods
- 450g golden powdered sugar
- 400g double cream
- 50g butter
- 1 tbsp glucose syrup
- 200g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- freeze-dried raspberries (optional)
- Crush the cardamom pods with a pestle and mortar, then remove the seed pods.
- Crush the seeds finely into powder.
- Line a 20 x 20 cm baking pan with baking paper.
- Place the crushed cardamom seeds, sugar, cream, butter and glucose syrup in a large, heavy-bottomed pan.
- Heat gently until the butter is melted and the sugar is dissolved.
- Increase the heat and place a candy thermometer in the pan. Make sure the end is completely covered by the syrup.
- If necessary, transfer the mixture to a smaller saucepan to give the syrup enough room to bubble.
- Increase the heat and bring the syrup to a steady boil.
- Continue to bubble, stirring occasionally, until the mixture reaches 116°C, also known as the soft-ball stage.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let it stand for 5 minutes until the temperature drops to 110°C.
- Stir in a good pinch of salt.
- Leave the candy thermometer in the pan and beat the mixture with a wooden spoon until the temperature cools to about 140°F.
- The fudge gets really thick and loses its glossy shine.
- Remove the thermometer and continue beating for a few more minutes to form small sugar crystals and obtain a smooth and creamy texture.
- Quickly pour the fudge into the prepared pan and smooth it out.
- Let it cool overnight at room temperature, avoiding the fridge otherwise it won’t set properly.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a small saucepan of gently simmering water or in the microwave.
- Remove the fudge from the tin and cut it into pieces, preferably long, thin rectangles.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- Dip one end of each fudge piece into the melted chocolate and place on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with freeze-dried raspberries if desired and allow to set.
- Wrap in cellophane bags for gift giving. The fudge lasts for 2 weeks.
Equipment and tools
To make this delicious chocolate dipped cardamom fudge you will need the following equipment and tools:
- A medium sized pot
- A wooden spoon or silicone spatula
- A candy thermometer
- A square baking dish measuring 20 x 20 cm
- A sharp knife
- A microwave-safe bowl
- A heatproof bowl
- A wire frame
- A parchment paper or silicone baking mat
This chocolate dipped cardamom fudge contains the following allergens:
- Dairy products (double cream and butter)
Please note that this recipe does not accommodate any specific dietary restrictions or allergies. Be sure to check the ingredients and adjust the recipe to suit your needs.
Storage and leftovers
After making this delicious fudge, you may have some leftovers. To store them properly, follow these steps:
- Cut the fudge into bite-sized pieces.
- Place the fudge in an airtight container or wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
- Store the fudge in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight.
- The fudge will keep for up to two weeks.
If you prefer a longer shelf life, you can also freeze the fudge. Simply wrap each piece tightly with plastic wrap and place in a freezer-safe container. The fudge can be frozen for up to three months. Thaw the fudge in the refrigerator before enjoying.
Optional: Before serving or storing, you can dip the fudge pieces in melted dark chocolate and sprinkle with freeze-dried raspberries for an extra special touch.
Health Benefits of Chocolate Dipped Cardamom Fudge
Eating sweets doesn’t always have to make you feel guilty, especially when it comes to delicious treats like chocolate-covered cardamom fondant. This delicious dessert not only satisfies your sweet tooth, but also offers several health benefits thanks to its key ingredients. Let’s explore some of the health benefits associated with this heavenly caramel.
1. Cardamom: A versatile spice with numerous benefits
One of the main ingredients of chocolate dipped cardamom fudge is cardamom pods. Cardamom is considered the “Queen of Spices” and has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for centuries. It is a rich source of several essential nutrients including fiber, iron and manganese.
Cardamom is also known for its antioxidant properties, which can help protect the body from free radicals and oxidative stress. Additionally, this aromatic spice is associated with improving digestive health, reducing inflammation, and promoting heart health.
2. Dark Chocolate: A delicious source of antioxidants
The fudge is not complete without the addition of finely chopped dark chocolate, a popular ingredient that adds more than just flavor. Dark chocolate is full of antioxidants, especially flavonoids, which have been shown to have various health benefits.
Moderate consumption of dark chocolate has been linked to improving heart health by reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease. It may also contribute to better brain function, as some studies suggest that dark chocolate can improve cognitive abilities and improve mood.
3. Golden Powdered Sugar: A sweetener in moderation
The recipe uses golden powdered sugar to add sweetness to the fudge. While it’s important to consume sugar in moderation, especially if you’re watching your sugar intake, you can enjoy small amounts of gold sugar as part of a balanced diet.
Powdered sugar provides quick energy and can be a source of instant gratification. However, it is important to remember that excessive sugar consumption can lead to weight gain and other health problems. Therefore, it is best to enjoy chocolate dipped cardamom fudge as an occasional treat rather than a daily treat.
4. Double Cream and Butter: For more creaminess and flavor
To achieve the perfect texture and creamy consistency of the fudge, this recipe uses cream and butter. Although these ingredients contribute to the overall taste and mouthfeel, due to their high fat content, it is important to consume them in moderation.
Double cream is a rich source of saturated fats that should be consumed sparingly for a healthy diet. However, a small amount of fat is necessary for our bodies to function properly, so occasionally enjoying a piece of chocolate-covered cardamom fondant will not jeopardize your overall well-being.
5. Glucose syrup: An alternative sweetener
The fudge recipe contains a tablespoon of glucose syrup, which serves as an alternative sweetener. Compared to regular table sugar, glucose syrup is less sweet and offers a smoother consistency. It is often used in confectionery.
It is important to note that glucose syrup is high in calories and should be consumed in moderation. People with special nutritional needs, such as: People with diabetes, such as diabetes, should be careful about taking glucose syrup and consult a doctor if necessary.
By combining the health benefits of cardamom, dark chocolate, and judicious use of other ingredients, you can now enjoy a piece of chocolate-covered cardamom fondant guilt-free. Remember that moderation is key when enjoying treats like this fudge, ensuring you can enjoy both the taste and potential health benefits without compromising your well-being.