On this page you will find a delicious recipe for “Two-Step Carbonara”, a delicious dish that is perfect for non-Muslims as it contains pork. The recipe is a wonderful variation on the classic carbonara, in which the quick and creamy sauce is prepared without cream. With just two simple steps, you can prepare a delicious pasta dish that is sure to impress your taste buds. So gather the ingredients and get ready to enjoy this flavorful and creamy carbonara, without any cream!
- 350g spaghetti or linguine
- 140g pack of diced pancetta or smoked streaky bacon
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 egg, plus 4 egg yolks
- 50g Parmesan, grated
- Cook the pasta
- Meanwhile, fry the pancetta in oil in a frying pan for a few minutes until golden brown and crispy
- Add garlic, fry for 1 minute, then turn off the heat
- Briefly whisk the egg and egg yolk with most of the Parmesan and some spices
- Drain the pasta, reserving some of the cooking water
- Add eggs and a tablespoon of cooking water and stir until pasta is coated and creamy
- The heat of the pasta gently cooks the sauce
- Stir in pancetta and garlic
- Garnish with the remaining Parmesan and serve
Carbonara in two steps
Carbonara in two steps
Equipment and tools
For this recipe you will need the following:
- A large pot for cooking the pasta
- A skillet for cooking the pancetta (or bacon)
- A mixing bowl for making the sauce
- A grater for grating the Parmesan cheese
Please note the following allergens in this recipe:
- Parmesan cheese
- Pancetta (or bacon)
Storage and leftovers
If there are any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. To reheat, simply heat desired portion in a skillet over low heat until warm.
Health Benefits of “Two-Step Carbonara”
The Two-Step Carbonara is a delicious Italian pasta dish that combines the richness of eggs, pancetta and Parmesan cheese. Not only is it a filling meal, but it also offers several health benefits due to its nutrient-rich ingredients. Let’s take a closer look at the health benefits:
1. Good source of protein
The pancetta or smoked bacon used in the recipe provides a good amount of protein. Protein is important for building and repairing tissue, supporting the immune system, and promoting healthy hair and nails.
2. Rich in vitamin B12
Eggs, especially the yolk, are an excellent source of vitamin B12. This vitamin plays a crucial role in the production of red blood cells and DNA. It also supports brain function and contributes to overall nervous system health.
3. Rich in calcium
Parmesan cheese, a key ingredient in carbonara, is rich in calcium. Calcium is crucial for maintaining strong bones and teeth. It also plays a role in muscle function, nerve signaling and blood clotting.
4. Provides essential fatty acids
Olive oil, used to cook pancetta and garlic, is a healthy source of monounsaturated fats. These fats are known to be heart-friendly and, when consumed in moderation, can help reduce the risk of heart disease. In addition, olive oil is rich in antioxidants, which protect the body from cell damage.
5. Nutrient-dense pasta option
Spaghetti or linguini noodles in this dish provide a quick release of energy due to their carbohydrate content. While pasta is often criticized for its high carbohydrate content, it is also a good source of several essential nutrients such as iron, selenium and B vitamins.
When preparing Two-Step Carbonara, it is important to pay attention to portion control and balance. Although this dish offers several health benefits, it should be enjoyed as part of a balanced diet. With its combination of proteins, vitamins, minerals and healthy fats, Two-Step Carbonara can be a nutritious and delicious addition to your diet.