For dinner, prepare a pasta dish that people like very much. We took inspiration from creamy Alfredo sauce with Cajun-style spices to add a little extra spice. This tantalizing combination of tender chicken, savory spices, and rich sauce creates a perfect blend of flavors that will satisfy even the pickiest of eaters. The Cajun seasoning gives the dish a delicious kick and takes your taste buds on a spicy adventure. Serve this Cajun Chicken Noodles to impress your family and friends with a filling and memorable meal that will have them coming back for seconds.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 400g chicken breast, cut into large pieces
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 400 g chopped tomatoes or canned passata
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, crumbled
- 500g penne or other tube-shaped pasta
- 150 ml double cream
- 20g Parmesan, finely grated, plus some Parmesan for serving
- ½ lemon, juiced
- chopped parsley for serving (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large, shallow pot or deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken, season lightly and fry for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown all over.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the Cajun seasoning on top and stir to evenly coat the chicken pieces.
- Add the tomatoes, a quarter can of water and the stock cube.
- Stir, then bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta for a minute less than directed on the package.
- Stir the cream into the chicken and continue to simmer gently.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain well and stir into the chicken mixture.
- Cook the pasta in the sauce over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Stir in Parmesan and lemon juice and cook for another minute.
- Serve the pasta straight from the pan or place it in a large serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with parsley and additional Parmesan if desired.
Equipment and tools
- Large frying pan
- wooden spoon
- Medium pot
- citrus press
- measuring spoon
This Cajun chicken pasta recipe contains the following allergens:
- Dairy products: double cream, parmesan
- Gluten: Penne or other tube-shaped pasta
- Depending on the Cajun seasoning used, it may also contain traces of soy, nuts and shellfish
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers of your Cajun chicken pasta, be sure to store it properly to preserve its freshness. Here are some guidelines:
- Allow the pasta to cool before storing.
- Transfer the leftovers to an airtight container.
- Refrigerate within 2 hours of cooking.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To reheat, you can either heat the pasta in the microwave or gently heat it in a pot on the stove. If necessary, add a splash of water or cream to restore moisture.
Please note that the consistency and taste may change slightly when reheated.
Health Benefits of Cajun Chicken Pasta
Cajun Chicken Pasta is a delicious and flavorful dish that combines tender chicken with a spicy Cajun seasoning. It not only satisfies the taste buds but also offers numerous health benefits. Let’s take a closer look at the ingredients and their individual benefits:
The recipe contains 1 tablespoon olive oil, a heart-healthy fat. Olive oil is rich in monounsaturated fats, antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. It helps reduce the risk of heart disease, lower blood pressure and control cholesterol levels.
Cut into large pieces, 400g of chicken breast is an excellent source of lean protein in this recipe. Protein is essential for muscle repair, muscle growth and overall body function. It also helps increase satiety and control appetite.
Finely chopped or grated garlic not only adds flavor to the dish but also provides several health benefits. Garlic is known to strengthen the immune system, lower blood pressure, improve cholesterol levels, and reduce the risk of certain cancers.
Cajun style spices
Cajun-style spices add a spicy touch to the dish. It typically contains a blend of spices such as paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. These spices have antioxidant properties that can help fight inflammation and improve digestion.
Chopped tomatoes or passata
The recipe calls for a 400g can of chopped tomatoes or passata, which provide lycopene, a powerful antioxidant. Lycopene is known for its potential to protect against certain cancers and improve heart health.
Chicken bouillon cubes
A crumbled chicken bouillon cube adds flavor to the dish. However, it is important to note that commercial bouillon cubes can contain high levels of sodium. Choosing a low-sodium option or making homemade broth can help reduce sodium intake.
Penne or other tube-shaped pasta
The 500 g of penne or similar pasta provides carbohydrates, which are an important source of energy for the body. Whole grain products may also contain additional fiber, which aids digestion and promotes satiety.
Double cream and parmesan
The recipe contains 150 ml double cream and 20 g finely grated Parmesan cheese. Although these ingredients add richness and flavor to the dish, they should be consumed in moderation due to their high fat content. However, incorporating small amounts can provide satisfaction and enjoyment.
Lemon and parsley
The juice of half a lemon adds a refreshing touch, while chopped parsley adds additional flavor and nutrients. Lemons are an excellent source of vitamin C and parsley is rich in vitamins K, A and C as well as antioxidants.
In conclusion, Cajun chicken pasta not only tantalizes your taste buds but also offers a number of health benefits. From the heart-healthy olive oil to the lean protein in chicken breasts to the antioxidant properties of garlic and tomatoes, this dish combines flavors and nutrients that contribute to a well-rounded meal.
Remember to enjoy this delicious meal in moderation and consider your personal dietary needs and preferences when preparing it!