Introducing our Butternut Rosemary Pizza, a delicious flavor combination that will tantalize your taste buds. This recipe is incredibly easy to make and saves you the hassle of waiting for the dough to rise by using a handy box of bread mix. The result? A deliciously light and crispy crust that pairs perfectly with the aromatic rosemary and delicate butternut squash toppings. Prepare for a unique and satisfying pizza experience that will keep you coming back for more.
- 500g pack of white bread mix
- 1 tablespoon olive oil and a little more for drizzling if desired
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 3 rosemary sprigs, leaves chopped, plus some rosemary for decoration
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 100g feta cheese
- Prepare the bread dough according to the package instructions
- Knead the dough for a few minutes
- Use a little flour to prevent sticking
- Roll out the dough into 2 large rounds
- Lift the dough rounds onto baking sheets
- Heat oil in a large frying pan
- Add pumpkin, onion and chopped rosemary to the pan
- Fry for 5 minutes until beginning to soften and brown
- Squirt in about 200 ml of water
- Cook over high heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Continue cooking until the squash is tender and most of the liquid has evaporated
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7
- Add sugar, vinegar and spices to pumpkin mixture
- Spread the pumpkin mixture evenly over the pizza dough
- Top with a few small sprigs of rosemary
- Crumbled feta over the pizza
- Drizzle with a little more oil if desired
- Bake one pizza at a time for 15 minutes or until golden brown and crispy
- Serve with a salad
Equipment and tools
- mixing bowl
- frying pan
- cutting board
- rolling pin
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- Gluten (contained in white bread mix)
- Dairy products (found in feta cheese)
Please be sure to check the specific ingredients and labels of all store-purchased products.
Storage and leftovers
If there are any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. To reheat, simply place the pizza in a preheated 350°F (180°C) oven for about 5-10 minutes or until heated through. Enjoy!
Health Benefits of Butternut Rosemary Pizza
When it comes to pizza, we often associate it with unhealthy, high-calorie indulgence. However, with this butternut rosemary pizza recipe, you can enjoy a delicious meal that not only satisfies your taste buds but also offers multiple health benefits. Let’s explore the nutritional benefits of the main ingredients used in this recipe.
1. Butternut squash
Butternut squash, the main ingredient in this pizza, offers numerous health benefits. It is rich in fiber, which aids digestion and promotes a healthy gut. This vegetable is also rich in essential vitamins, including vitamins A, C and E, which are powerful antioxidants and support a strong immune system. Additionally, butternut squash is low in calories and high in potassium, making it great for maintaining healthy blood pressure.
2. Red onions
Using red onions in this recipe not only improves the flavor but also provides numerous health benefits. Red onions contain a powerful antioxidant called quercetin, which has anti-inflammatory properties and may help reduce the risk of chronic diseases. They are also a good source of fiber, vitamin C and potassium, which contribute to heart health and lower blood pressure.
With its distinct aroma and taste, rosemary is not only a fantastic culinary herb; it also brings several health benefits. It contains compounds with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that may protect the body from free radical damage. Rosemary can also aid digestion, improve memory, and improve mood. Additionally, some studies suggest that this herb may have anti-cancer properties, although more research is needed in this area.
4. Feta cheese
Feta cheese, used sparingly in this recipe, adds a tangy and creamy touch to the pizza. Although feta is higher in salt and fat compared to some other cheeses, it does provide nutritional value. It is a good source of calcium, essential for strong bones and teeth. It also provides protein, which is important for muscle repair and growth. Remember to use feta in moderation due to its higher sodium content.
With the healthy combination of nutritious ingredients like butternut squash, red onions, rosemary and feta cheese, this butternut rosemary pizza will not only delight your taste buds but also contribute to your overall well-being. So why not treat yourself to a tasty and healthy pizza experience?