Looking for a delicious and unique dip to spice up your appetizer game? Then our delicious butternut harissa hummus recipe is just right for you. This exceptional dip starts with the perfect combination of roasted pumpkin pieces and juicy garlic cloves. Once the dip is perfectly mixed, it transforms into a deliciously smooth and creamy Moroccan-style feel. The addition of fiery harissa and rich sesame paste gives this irresistible dip delicious spice and enchanting flavors. Whether served with warm pita bread, crunchy vegetables or as a delicious spread, this butternut harissa hummus is sure to delight your taste buds.
- ½ butternut squash (approx. 400 g), peeled and cut into 2 cm pieces
- 3 cloves of garlic, unpeeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp tahini paste
- 1 tablespoon harissa, plus a little more for drizzling
- 400 g canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
- Place the butternut squash and garlic cloves in a roasting pan.
- Season pumpkin and garlic well.
- Pour 100 ml water into the roasting tin.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Check that the pumpkin is really tender and then let it cool.
- Place the pumpkin and canned juice in a food processor.
- Add the roasted garlic cloves and squeeze them out of the peel.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- With salt.
- Puree everything in the food processor until a paste forms.
- Scrape the hummus into a bowl.
- Before serving, drizzle the hummus with a little harissa.
Equipment and tools
To prepare this recipe you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Food processor or blender
- spatula or spoon
This butternut harissa hummus recipe contains the following allergens:
- Sesame (tahini paste)
It may also contain traces of other allergens, depending on the manufacturing processes of the specific brand of tahini paste and harissa used. Please check ingredient labels carefully if you have allergies or dietary restrictions.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers or want to make this hummus in advance, here are some storage guidelines:
- Transfer the hummus to an airtight container.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Stir before serving and drizzle a little more harissa over the top if necessary.
Health Benefits of Butternut and Harissa Hummus
If you’re looking for a delicious and nutritious dip to add to your snacking repertoire, look no further than Butternut & Harissa Hummus. Not only is it bursting with flavor, but it also has a lot to offer in terms of health benefits. Let’s take a closer look at some reasons why this delicious dip is good for you:
1. Full of nutrients
The main ingredient in this hummus is butternut squash, a nutritional powerhouse. Packed with vitamins A, C, and E, butternut squash is known for its immune-boosting properties and ability to promote healthy skin. It’s also a great source of fiber, which aids digestion and helps maintain a healthy weight.
2. Rich in antioxidants
Garlic, one of the main ingredients in this recipe, is not only a flavor enhancer but also a powerful antioxidant. Allicin, a compound found in garlic, has been shown to have antimicrobial, antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties. Regular consumption of garlic may also help reduce the risk of certain chronic diseases.
3. Heart-healthy fats
Olive oil, a staple of Mediterranean cuisine, is a heart-healthy fat that is high in monounsaturated fats. These fats are associated with a reduced risk of heart disease and lower cholesterol levels. Including olive oil in your diet can help promote a healthy heart.
4. Nutty and nourishing
Tahini paste, made from ground sesame seeds, gives this hummus a nutty flavor while bringing its own health benefits. Tahini is an excellent source of plant-based protein and contains many minerals such as calcium, iron and magnesium. It also contains healthy fats and antioxidants, making it a nutritious addition to the recipe.
5. Spicy kick
Harissa, a versatile North African chili paste, not only adds delicious heat but also has health benefits of its own. Chili peppers, the main ingredient in harissa, contain capsaicin, which is known for its potential to boost metabolism and help with weight control. They are also a good source of vitamins A and C.
6. Packed with proteins
Chickpeas, the base ingredient in hummus, are a fantastic source of plant-based protein. They are also rich in fiber, which helps regulate blood sugar levels, promotes satiety and supports a healthy digestive system. Adding chickpeas to your diet provides a healthy source of protein for vegetarians and vegans.
So next time you’re looking for a healthy and flavorful dip, try butternut harissa hummus. With its nutrient-rich ingredients, it not only satisfies your taste buds but also offers numerous health benefits!