“Brie and bacon toasties are the ultimate treat for cheese and bacon lovers. Made with delicious brie cheese and crispy, smoky bacon, these toasties will satisfy your craving for a delicious, savory snack. The combination of creamy brie and salty bacon creates a heavenly taste that is simply irresistible. Perfect for lunch, dinner, or even a late night snack, these toasties are a real crowd pleaser. Imagine the warm, melted brie oozing from the crusty bread with every bite. Treat yourself to this comforting treat and add a touch of luxury to your everyday meals.”
- 4 thin slices smoked bacon
- 140g Brie
- 1 firm ripe pear
- 2 thick slices of bread, preferably from an uncut granary or malted wheat bread
- small handful of pecans (about 10)
- To serve, a handful of arugula or watercress if you have it in the fridge
- Set the grill to the highest setting and place a piece of foil under the grill grate to catch the cooking juices and save on washing up later.
- Place the bacon on the grill and grill for 2 minutes.
- While the bacon is grilling, cut the cheese into about 8 long slices.
- Core the pear and cut into slices.
- Place the bread slices under the broiler for just under a minute, until the bread is evenly toasted on one side only.
- Keep an eye on the bread to prevent charring.
- Turn the bread over and first cover the untoasted sides with a layer of pear slices.
- Place the grilled bacon on the pear slices.
- Place the remaining pear slices on top of the bacon.
- Place the brie on top of the pear and bacon.
- Scatter the pecans over the top, breaking them roughly with your fingers.
- Grill until cheese is melted and oozing, about another minute.
- Remove and eat immediately with arugula or watercress as a side dish.
Equipment and tools
- Toaster or grill
- frying pan
- cutting board
- Measuring scale
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- Bacon (contains pork)
- Brie (contains cow’s milk)
- Bread (wheat)
Please check your ingredient labels if you have specific allergies or dietary restrictions.
Storage and leftovers
If there are any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. When reheating, we recommend using a toaster or grill to maintain the crispiness of the toasties.
Health Benefits of Brie & Bacon Toasties
When it comes to indulgent yet filling comfort food, there’s little that can match the deliciousness of Brie & Bacon Toasties. But guess what? These delicious treats also offer some surprising health benefits. Let’s take a closer look at the nutritional benefits of the ingredients used in this recipe:
1. Smoked bacon
The smoked bacon used in this recipe provides a rich, savory flavor that complements the creaminess of the Brie cheese. Despite its reputation, bacon can have some health benefits when consumed in moderation. It contains a good amount of proteins and essential amino acids, which play an important role in building and repairing body tissues.
2. Brie cheese
Brie, a soft and creamy cheese, gives these toasties a luxurious texture. While brie is delicious, it also offers some nutritional value. It is a good source of calcium, essential for maintaining strong bones and teeth. Additionally, brie contains moderate amounts of vitamin B12 and vitamin A, both of which are important for overall health.
A firm ripe pear not only adds a subtle sweetness to the toasties, but also offers several health benefits. Pears are an excellent source of fiber, which aids digestion and helps you feel fuller for longer. They are also rich in vitamin C, an antioxidant that supports the immune system and promotes skin health.
The small handful of pecans in this recipe add a nice crunch and nutty flavor. Pecans are packed with heart-healthy monounsaturated fats that can help lower bad cholesterol. Additionally, pecans are an excellent source of essential minerals like manganese and zinc, which play a role in various body functions.
5. Arugula or watercress
To give these toasts some freshness and a peppery bite, you can serve them with a handful of arugula or watercress. This vegetable is low in calories and rich in important nutrients like vitamins A, C, and K. It also contains beneficial phytochemicals that can help reduce inflammation and support overall well-being.
While Brie & Bacon Toasties are considered a delicious treat, they offer some surprising health benefits thanks to their nutritious ingredients. Remember to enjoy them in moderation as part of a balanced diet!