Treat yourself to the taste of Brazil with our tempting Brazilian Shrimp and Coconut Stew. Juicy king prawns take center stage in this dish, infused with an intriguing blend of spices and coconut flavors. The addition of green beans adds a vibrant crunch, while the salted peanuts on top add a delightful contrast. Perfectly accompanied by a bed of fluffy rice, every bite will transport you to the fascinating streets of Brazil. Enjoy the rich, bold flavors of this dish and immerse yourself in the colorful festivities of a Brazilian carnival.
- 300g long grain rice
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1-2 red chili peppers (deseeded if you don’t like it too spicy), finely chopped
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 400g tomatoes, diced
- 200g green beans, sprinkled and halved
- 300 g peeled raw king prawns
- Juice 1 lime
- small packet of cilantro, chopped
- 50 g roasted, unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the onion, garlic and chilies to the pan.
- Cook over low heat for 10 minutes until tender.
- Add the coconut milk to the pan.
- Let it bubble for another 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and beans to the pan.
- Cook for 5 minutes until the tomatoes begin to break down.
- Add the shrimp to the pan.
- Cook for 3 minutes until the shrimp turn pink and are cooked through.
- Stir in the lime juice.
- Sprinkle coriander and nuts on top.
- Serve with the rice.
Equipment and tools
To prepare the Brazilian shrimp and coconut stew recipe, you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Big pot
- Sharp knife
- cutting board
- wooden spoon
- measuring spoon
- measuring cup
- Small pack for coriander
- Frying pan (if roasting peanuts)
The Brazilian Shrimp and Coconut Stew recipe may contain the following allergens:
- Crustaceans (shrimp)
- Tree nuts (peanuts)
Please be sure to check your ingredient labels if you have any food allergies or intolerances.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftover Brazilian Shrimp Coconut Stew, you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. When reheating, be sure to heat the stew thoroughly before consuming.
The Health Benefits of Brazilian Shrimp and Coconut Stew
Brazilian Shrimp and Coconut Stew is not only a delicious dish but also offers several health benefits. With a combination of healthy ingredients, this recipe creates a nutritious and tasty meal that everyone can enjoy.
The ingredients used in this stew are rich in essential nutrients and provide numerous health benefits:
- Long grain rice: Rice is a staple food in many cultures and a good source of energy, carbohydrates and important vitamins and minerals.
- Vegetable oil: Using vegetable oil helps reduce saturated fats and cholesterol, thereby promoting heart health.
- Onion: Onions are full of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds that support a healthy immune system.
- Garlic: Garlic is known for its medicinal properties, including boosting the immune system and lowering blood pressure.
- Red chilies: Red chili peppers contain capsaicin, a compound known to have pain-relieving and metabolism-stimulating properties.
- Coconut milk: Coconut milk gives the stew a creamy and delicious consistency. It is a rich source of healthy fats and is known to support brain health.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes are rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. They are also low in calories and high in fiber, making them excellent for weight control.
- Green beans: Green beans are a good source of vitamins A, C and K as well as fiber. They promote healthy digestion and support bone health.
- Shrimp: Shrimp are an excellent source of lean protein and are low in saturated fat. They contain omega-3 fatty acids, which promote heart health and reduce inflammation.
- Lime juice: Lime juice gives the stew a lemony note and provides a good dose of vitamin C, which supports a healthy immune system.
- Coriander: In addition to providing delicious flavor, coriander provides antioxidants and antibacterial properties that contribute to overall well-being.
- Roasted unsalted peanuts: Peanuts are a good source of healthy fats, protein and fiber. They provide a range of vitamins and minerals including vitamin E and magnesium.
By incorporating these ingredients into your diet, you can increase your intake of important nutrients, supporting a balanced and healthy lifestyle.
A delicious and healthy meal
This Brazilian Shrimp and Coconut Stew combines the flavors of coconut, shrimp, and various spices into a rich and satisfying dish. The combination of protein from shrimp, fiber from vegetables, and healthy fats from coconut milk and peanuts contributes to a well-rounded meal that keeps you fuller for longer.
Additionally, this stew offers a variety of flavors, textures, and nutrients, making it an excellent choice for anyone looking for a tasty and nutritious meal.
Whether you’re a seafood lover or just want to try a new recipe, Brazilian shrimp and coconut stew offers both culinary delights and health benefits worth exploring.
So why not give it a try and enjoy the delights of this delicious dish?