Often overlooked, these nuts deserve to be in the spotlight – bake them into a moist, soft loaf cake with fruit and coconut.
Escape to the tropical flavors of Brazil with this irresistible banana bread recipe. Pamper your taste buds with the perfect combination of juicy banana, crunchy nuts and a touch of exotic coconut. This delicious loaf cake is the perfect treat for any occasion, whether it’s breakfast, dessert or just a snack. Every bite takes you on a delicious journey, evoking the warmth and vibrancy of Brazil’s rich culinary heritage. So why wait? Prepare this delicious treat and let your taste buds sambaze with joy!
- 100 ml sunflower oil, plus some for greasing
- 140g powdered sugar
- 140g plain flour
- 140g Brazil nuts, roughly chopped
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon butter, diced, plus a little butter for serving
- 2 large, very ripe bananas – with a black peel is ideal (approx. 175g peeled weight)
- 1 large egg, plus 1 large egg white
- 5 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4.
- Grease a 900g loaf tin and then line the base and ends with a long strip of baking paper.
- Mix 2 tablespoons each of sugar, flour, nuts and coconut.
- Add the butter and rub into sticky crumbs. Put aside.
- Mash the bananas well, then stir in the sunflower oil, egg and milk.
- In a separate large bowl, mix half the remaining sugar, then the remaining flour, nuts and coconut, then the baking powder and cinnamon.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, add the last of the sugar and beat again until stiff and glossy.
- Stir the banana mixture into the dry ingredients, then lightly fold in the egg white mixture.
- Carefully scrape into the tin and sprinkle over the crumb mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes, until a skewer inserted comes out clean. If the bread gets too brown, cover it with foil.
- Allow to cool in the tin, then remove and cut into thick slices, eat with butter if desired.
Equipment and tools
- mixing bowl
- wooden spoon
- Box shape
- parchment paper
- Cooling rack
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- Brazil nut
Storage and leftovers
Once cooled, store the banana bread in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Alternatively, you can freeze it for up to 3 months. To serve leftovers, simply warm them in the microwave or toaster and spread some butter on top.
Health Benefits of Brazil and Banana Bread
Enjoying a delicious piece of Brazil and banana bread not only satisfies your taste buds but also brings various health benefits. This article explores the nutritional benefits of this delicious treat that combines the rich flavors of Brazil nuts and bananas. So next time you enjoy a slice of this bread, you can also enjoy the nutrients it contains.
1. Rich in healthy fats
Brazil nuts are known for their high content of healthy fats, especially monounsaturated fats and omega-6 fatty acids. These fats help maintain optimal cardiovascular health, reduce inflammation, and support brain function. The addition of 100 ml of sunflower oil further improves the healthy fat profile of this bread.
2. Excellent source of protein
Brazil nuts are also an excellent source of plant-based protein. Protein is essential for various body functions, including building and repairing tissue, producing enzymes and hormones, and maintaining a healthy immune system. By using coarsely chopped Brazil nuts in this recipe, you’ll add a protein boost to your diet.
3. Nutrient-rich ingredients
The combination of Brazil nuts, bananas and desiccated coconut provides a wide range of essential nutrients. Brazil nuts, for example, are a rich source of selenium, a powerful antioxidant that supports immune function and helps protect against oxidative stress. Bananas are known for their high potassium content, which contributes to healthy heart function and can help lower blood pressure. Dried coconuts contain fiber and essential minerals such as iron and manganese.
4. Good source of fiber
Fiber is crucial for maintaining a healthy digestive system and promoting regular bowel movements. This recipe combines several ingredients that contribute to the overall fiber content, including plain flour, shredded coconut, and bananas. A high-fiber diet can help prevent constipation, lower cholesterol, and aid weight management.
5. Natural energy boost
Thanks to the ripe bananas and Brazil nuts, this bread provides a natural source of energy that will keep you energized throughout the day. Bananas are known for their high carbohydrate content, which allows for a quick release of energy. In addition, Brazil nuts contain healthy fats that provide sustained energy and help regulate blood sugar levels.
When you incorporate Brazil and banana bread into your diet, you’ll not only enjoy a tasty treat, but you’ll also reap the nutritional benefits it offers. So why not try this recipe and treat yourself to a piece of deliciousness that will nourish your body and satisfy your taste buds?