Want to take your Bolognese to the next level? Our delicious Bolognese casserole recipe does just that! Combining the rich flavors of Bolognese with perfectly cooked penne pasta and a creamy touch of crème fraîche, this dish is a real winner. The pasta absorbs all the delicious flavors and makes for a hearty and delicious meal. It’s a great way to use up leftover bolognese sauce or simply upgrade your regular spaghetti recipe. Try it and get ready to impress your taste buds!
- 400g lean ground beef
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp dried Italian herb mix
- 690 ml jar of passata with onions and garlic
- 350g penne
- 200 ml can of semi-skimmed crème fraîche
- 25g Parmesan, grated
- Garlic bread and salad to serve
- Heat the grill to the highest level.
- In a large, non-stick frying pan, fry the minced meat until brown.
- Add garlic, sugar and herbs and cook for 1 minute more.
- Pour over the passata, season and then simmer while the pasta cooks (see package instructions).
- In the meantime, mix together the crème fraîche and parmesan.
- Place half of the minced meat in an ovenproof dish.
- Mix the rest with the noodles and pour over it.
- Drizzle the Parmesan cream over the top and grill until golden brown and bubbling.
- Serve with salad and garlic bread.
Equipment and tools
Here are the equipment and tools you’ll need to make this bolognese casserole:
- baking pan
- frying pan
- wooden spoon
- A garlic press
- Serving plate
Please note the following allergen information when making this Bolognese casserole:
- Contains: dairy products (crème fraîche, parmesan)
- May contain: gluten (penne)
If you have any specific dietary concerns or allergies, please read the ingredients list carefully and consult a doctor before consumption.
Storage and leftovers
Here’s how to store and use leftovers from this Bolognese casserole:
- Allow the dish to cool completely before storing.
- Transfer leftovers to an airtight container.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Warm up thoroughly before consumption.
Do not refreeze previously frozen leftovers.
- garlic bread
Health Benefits of Bolognese Casserole
Bolognese casserole is not only a delicious dish but also offers several health benefits. By combining lean ground beef with nutritious ingredients, this recipe creates a well-rounded meal that contributes to your overall well-being.
1. Lean ground beef for protein
The 400g of lean ground beef in this recipe serves as an excellent source of protein. Protein is essential for building and repairing tissue, promoting muscle growth, and supporting a healthy immune system.
2. Garlic for antioxidant and medicinal properties
Adding 3 cloves of garlic not only enhances the taste but also brings numerous health benefits. Garlic contains antioxidants that protect the body from damage caused by harmful free radicals. It is also known for its potential medicinal properties such as: B. strengthening the immune system and reducing the risk of chronic diseases.
3. Italian herbs for flavor and antioxidants
The dried Italian herb blends not only give the Bolognese casserole a delicious aroma and taste, but also provide a number of health benefits. These herbs like oregano, basil, and thyme contain antioxidants that fight inflammation and oxidative stress in the body.
4. Passata with onions and garlic for nutrients
Infused with onion and garlic, the 690ml jar of passata offers a convenient way to add nutrients to bolognese casserole. Passata is made from cooked and pureed tomatoes, which are an excellent source of vitamins A and C, potassium and fiber. Onions and garlic provide important minerals and vitamins, including vitamin B6 and manganese.
5. Penne for fiber and energy
The 350g of penne pasta used in this recipe provides a good amount of fiber. Fiber promotes healthy digestion, helps regulate blood sugar levels and supports heart health. Additionally, the complex carbohydrates in penne provide sustained energy to keep you feeling fuller for longer.
6. Half-fat crème fraîche for creaminess
The 200ml cup of semi-skimmed crème fraîche is a suitable choice for those who are watching their fat intake. It gives the Bolognese casserole a creamy consistency and at the same time contains fewer saturated fatty acids compared to normal crème fraîche.
7. Parmesan for calcium and flavor
The 25 g of grated Parmesan cheese sprinkled over the Bolognese casserole gives the dish a savory touch. Parmesan is also a good source of calcium, which is crucial for maintaining strong bones and teeth.
8. Garlic bread and salad for extra nutrients
Serving the Bolognese casserole with garlic bread and a salad will add additional nutrition to your meal. Whole-grain garlic bread provides fiber and complex carbohydrates, while the salad provides vitamins, minerals and antioxidants from the fresh vegetables.