The blueberry sour cream cake with cheesecake frosting is a delicious treat that guarantees an explosion of flavor with every bite. Juicy bursts of blueberries provide a delicious surprise and create an irresistible taste experience. This moist and fluffy cake goes perfectly with a warm cup of tea and ensures a harmonious mix of flavors. Alternatively, it can also be served as a stunning dessert that will amaze your guests with its deliciousness. Treat yourself to this delicious creation and transport yourself to a world of delicious joy.
- 175g soft butter
- 175g golden powdered sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 225g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 142 ml carton sour cream
- 3 x 125g baskets of blueberries
- 200g can of Philadelphia cheese
- 100g powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 160 °C fan/180 °C top/bottom heat/Gas 4.
- Butter the bottom of a 22cm loose-bottomed round cake tin and line with non-stick baking paper or reusable Bake-o-glide.
- In a bowl, mix butter, sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder and vanilla.
- Beat the mixture with a wooden spoon for 2-3 minutes or with an electric mixer for 1-2 minutes until light in color and well blended.
- Add 4 tablespoons of sour cream to the mixture and mix well.
- Stir in half of the blueberries with a large spoon.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until cake is risen, feels firm and springs back when lightly pressed.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove it from the pan and peel off the paper or lining.
- Let the cake cool on a wire rack.
- For the frosting, beat the soft cheese, powdered sugar and the remaining sour cream in a bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the icing on the cooled cake.
- Scatter the remaining blueberries over the glaze.
Equipment and tools
To make this delicious Blueberry Sour Cream Cake with Cheesecake Frosting, you will need the following equipment and tools:
- A mixing bowl
- An electric mixer or hand mixer
- A cake tin (approx. 20 cm diameter)
- Baking paper or butter for greasing the mold
- A sieve
- A spatula or wooden spoon
- A cooling shelf
- A cake server or a large flat plate for serving
Please note the following allergen information before making the Blueberry Sour Cream Cake with Cheesecake Frosting:
- This recipe contains dairy products including butter, sour cream and Philadelphia cheese.
- It also contains eggs.
- If you have allergies or dietary restrictions, please check the ingredients carefully or consult a doctor.
Storage and leftovers
To ensure the freshness and longevity of your Blueberry Sour Cream Cake with Cheesecake Frosting, follow these storage tips:
- Once the cake has cooled, store it in an airtight container or cover it tightly with plastic wrap.
- Store the cake at room temperature for up to 2 days or refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- If there are any leftovers, they can be refrigerated and enjoyed later.
Health Benefits of Blueberry Sour Cream Cake with Cheesecake Frosting
Blueberry Sour Cream Cake with Cheesecake Frosting is not only a delicious dessert but also offers several health benefits due to its main ingredients and their nutritional properties. This article is about the different ways this delicious treat can have a positive impact on your well-being.
One of the main ingredients in this cake, blueberries, is packed with health benefits. Rich in antioxidants, including anthocyanins, blueberries may help fight oxidative stress in the body, reduce inflammation, and protect against chronic diseases such as heart disease and certain cancers. These small berries are also rich in vitamins C and K and fiber.
2. Philadelphia cheese
Using Philadelphia cheese in the frosting not only gives the cake a creamy and tangy flavor but also provides several health benefits. Philadelphia cheese is a good source of protein and calcium, essential for building and maintaining strong bones and muscles. It also contains vitamin A, which promotes vision, and vitamin B12, which is important for nerve function and red blood cell production.
3. Sour cream
Sour cream not only gives the cake a rich and moist texture, but also provides certain health benefits. It is a good source of probiotics, beneficial bacteria that support gut health and digestion. Probiotics can help maintain a healthy balance of intestinal flora, strengthen the immune system and promote better nutrient absorption. In addition, sour cream is a source of calcium and vitamin D, contributing to strong bones and teeth.
4. Blueberry sour cream cake
This cake is made with softened butter, golden powdered sugar, eggs, self-rising flour, baking powder, vanilla extract, sour cream and fresh blueberries. While the butter and sugar content should be consumed in moderation, the inclusion of blueberries and sour cream in the recipe provides a dose of antioxidants, vitamins and fiber that are beneficial for overall health and well-being.
5. Cheesecake Frosting
The cheesecake frosting made with Philadelphia cheese and powdered sugar not only enhances the flavor of the cake, but also provides some nutritional value. As already mentioned, it provides protein, calcium and vitamins A and B12. However, due to the sugar content, it is important to consume the frosting in moderation.
In summary, Blueberry Sour Cream Cake with Cheesecake Frosting combines a variety of ingredients that provide remarkable health benefits. Blueberries, Philadelphia cheese, and sour cream add antioxidants, vitamins, fiber, protein, and calcium to the dessert. Enjoy this treat in moderation as part of a balanced diet to get the most out of its nutritional value.