Introducing our delicious Blueberry Lemon Cakes, a delicious combination of tangy flavors that is sure to satisfy your dessert cravings. These delicious treats are beautifully topped with a velvety layer of delicious cheesecake topping, taking their flavor to another level of creamy indulgence. Each bite presents a squeeze of refreshing lemon and splash of juicy blueberries that will have your taste buds dancing with joy. Perfect for special occasions or a sweet afternoon treat, our Blueberry Lemon Cakes with Cheesecake Topping are sure to become your new favorite dessert.
- 100g butter, softened, plus a little butter for greasing
- 100g golden powdered sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Zest and squeeze 1 lemon
- 140g self-raising flour
- 50g blueberries
- 250 ml sour cream
- 25g powdered sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Lightly grease a 12-hole deep muffin tin.
- Cut 12 strips of baking paper, each about 1.5cm wide.
- Cut each strip in half, then place into each muffin hole, forming a cross.
- Trim the ends so that they extend about 1cm beyond the edge of the holes.
- You use these as handles to remove the cakes after baking.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4.
- Mix butter and sugar until a light, creamy mixture forms.
- Gradually beat in the eggs, then add the lemon zest and half the juice.
- Mix well, then stir in half the flour.
- Stir in the remaining lemon juice and then the remaining flour.
- Pour the cake mixture into the tins (about 1 heaping tablespoon per tin), then smooth it out with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle a few blueberries over each cake, then bake for 10 minutes.
- For the topping, mix sour cream, powdered sugar, egg and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Remove the cakes from the oven – they should be pale and just barely firm.
- Gently press down to create a flat surface, then add some cheesecake topping to each cake – the holes should be filled almost to the surface.
- Sprinkle a few more blueberries on top.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 5-7 minutes, until the topping is set and only wobbles slightly when tapped.
- Allow the cakes to cool in the pan, then carefully loosen them from the sides of the pan and lift them out using the paper handles.
Blueberry lemon cake with cheesecake topping
Equipment and tools
To make blueberry lemon cake with cheesecake topping, you will need the following equipment and tools:
- mixing bowl
- Muffin tin
- Cake cases
- Electric mixer
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- Dairy products (butter, sour cream, powdered sugar)
- Wheat (self-raising flour)
Storage and leftovers
After baking the blueberry lemon cakes with cheesecake topping, you can store the leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. Alternatively, you can store them in the fridge for up to 5 days.
If you want to freeze the cakes for longer storage, wrap them individually in plastic wrap and place them in a freezer-safe container. They can be frozen for up to 3 months. To defrost, simply let them sit at room temperature for a few hours before serving.
Please note that the consistency and taste of the cakes may change slightly after freezing.
Health Benefits of Blueberry Lemon Cake with Cheesecake Topping
Blueberry lemon cake with cheesecake topping is not only a delicious treat but also offers numerous health benefits. Let’s explore the nutritional benefits of the main ingredients used in this recipe:
Blueberries are a powerhouse of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. They are known for their high anthocyanin content, which gives them their bright blue color and contributes to their antioxidant properties. Eating blueberries can help protect against oxidative stress, reduce inflammation, and support a healthy immune system.
Lemons are a fantastic source of vitamin C, which is essential for supporting the immune system and promoting collagen production for healthy skin. They also contain antioxidants that help fight harmful free radicals and aid digestion due to their natural acidity.
3. Self-raising flour
Although self-raising flour is primarily used for its baking properties, it still contributes to the overall nutritional value of blueberry lemon cakes. It contains a moderate amount of fiber, some protein and essential minerals such as iron and zinc.
4. Sour cream
Sour cream, made by fermenting heavy cream, contains probiotics that promote a healthy gut. Probiotics are beneficial bacteria that aid digestion, improve nutrient absorption and strengthen the immune system. In addition, sour cream adds moisture and richness to the cakes, making them even more irresistible.
5. Powdered sugar
Although powdered sugar should be consumed in moderation due to its high sugar content, it adds sweetness and appearance to the cakes. However, it is important to note that excessive sugar consumption can lead to health problems. It is therefore best to enjoy these cakes in moderation.
6. Vanilla extract
Although used in small quantities, vanilla extract gives the cakes a delicious flavor. In addition, it contains several antioxidants that can have positive effects on the body, such as: B. reducing inflammation and protecting against certain diseases.
Overall, enjoying blueberry lemon cake with cheesecake topping can provide a delicious culinary experience and some nutritional benefits. However, it is important to enjoy them as part of a balanced diet and practice portion control to reap the health benefits without compromising overall well-being.