Introducing the delicious beetroot and horseradish puree! This incredible recipe strikes the perfect balance between a spicy condiment and a delicious side dish. Its bright colors and bold flavor make it an exceptional accompaniment to your Christmas dinner or a delicious roast beef dinner on a lazy Sunday. Made from the finest blend of earthy beetroot and zesty horseradish, this puree will add a pop of flavor to any meal. Whether you’re looking to spice up your festive spread or simply enhance your weekly roast, this beetroot and horseradish puree will never disappoint. Try it today and be surprised!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 4 large cooked beets, diced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp freshly grated horseradish
- Heat the oil in a large pan.
- Cook the onion and garlic gently for 10 minutes until soft.
- Add the beets and vinegar to the pan.
- Cook until sticky.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Stir in the crème fraîche.
- Puree with a hand blender or place in a food processor and puree.
- Stir in the grated horseradish.
- The puree can be made up to a day in advance and heated in a skillet or in the microwave.
Equipment and tools
Here are the equipment and tools you will need to make this beetroot and horseradish puree:
- cutting board
- frying pan
- Blender or food processor
This beetroot and horseradish puree recipe may contain the following allergens:
Storage and leftovers
Here are some tips for storing and handling leftover beetroot and horseradish puree:
- Allow the puree to cool completely.
- Transfer it to an airtight container.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To reheat, heat gently on the stove or in the microwave.
- Stir well before serving.
Health Benefits of Beetroot Horseradish Puree
Beetroot and horseradish puree is not only a colorful and tasty side dish, but also offers numerous health benefits. Let’s take a closer look at the ingredients and how they contribute to your well-being.
Beetroot is a superfood that offers numerous health benefits. Not only is it low in calories and fat, but it also contains important nutrients, vitamins and minerals. Here are some of the key benefits of including beetroot in your diet:
- Rich in antioxidants: Beetroot is packed with antioxidants like betalains, which help fight oxidative stress and protect your cells from damage.
- Supports Heart Health: The nitrates found in beets may help lower blood pressure, reduce the risk of heart disease, and improve overall cardiovascular health.
- Increases training performance: Studies suggest that beetroot juice can increase athletic performance, stamina and stamina due to its nitrate content.
- Improves Digestion: Beetroot is an excellent source of fiber, which aids digestion, promotes regular bowel movements and supports intestinal health.
Horseradish, known for its spicy taste, gives the puree more than just a special touch. It also offers several health benefits including:
- Antibacterial properties: Horseradish contains compounds such as glucosinolates, which have natural antibacterial properties and help fight harmful bacteria.
- Strengthens the immune system: The high vitamin C content in horseradish strengthens the immune system, protects against common diseases and promotes a healthy immune response.
- Helps with digestion: Horseradish stimulates the production of digestive enzymes, promoting efficient digestion and preventing conditions such as constipation and indigestion.
- Anti-inflammatory effect: Horseradish possesses anti-inflammatory properties that may help relieve the symptoms of inflammation-related conditions such as arthritis.
When combined into a puree, beetroot and horseradish provide a powerhouse of nutrients that support overall health and well-being. The addition of olive oil, onions, garlic, balsamic vinegar and crème fraîche further enhances the flavor and nutritional value of this delicious side dish.