This delicious BBQ Bacon Beans recipe is the perfect addition to any meal. It is made from pork and is specially designed for non-Muslims. The flavor combination is sure to tantalize your taste buds and add a touch of excitement to your jacket potatoes. Whether as a side dish or as a main course, these beans are guaranteed to satisfy your cravings. Prepare for a delicious mix of smoky barbecue and savory bacon – a real treat for your senses!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 celery sticks
- 1 small onion
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded
- 8 slices of rindless bacon, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon mild chili powder
- 500g cardboard passata
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 410g can of borlotti beans
- 410 g canned cannellini beans
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan.
- Finely chop celery stalks, onions and red peppers and fry gently until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Set the soft vegetables aside and fry the bacon in the same pan until golden brown and crispy.
- Add the garlic clove and chili powder and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the passata, maple syrup, Worcestershire sauce and the soft vegetables and stir well.
- Rinse and drain borlotti beans and cannellini beans.
- Add the beans to the pan, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season to taste and serve with jacket potatoes.
Equipment and tools
- cutting board
- Large pan
- wooden spoon
Please note that this BBQ Bacon Beans recipe may contain the following allergens:
- Bacon (pork)
It is important to check labels and make sure you are not allergic to the ingredients used in this recipe. If you have any specific dietary concerns or restrictions, please consult a healthcare professional.
Storage and leftovers
After making this delicious BBQ bacon beans recipe, you may have some leftovers. Here are some tips for storing and enjoying them:
- Allow the beans to cool completely before storing them.
- Transfer any remaining beans to an airtight container.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- To reheat, simply heat the beans in a pan until heated through.
Enjoy leftover beans as a side dish, as a topping for a baked potato, or even in a breakfast burrito.
Health Benefits of BBQ Bacon Beans
Health Benefits of BBQ Bacon Beans
BBQ Bacon Beans are a delicious and filling dish that combines the flavor of bacon and beans with a touch of smoky BBQ sauce. Not only are they incredibly delicious, but they also offer several health benefits.
1. Good source of protein
Both the borlotti beans and cannellini beans used in this recipe are excellent sources of plant-based protein. Protein is essential for building and repairing tissue, supporting a healthy immune system, and promoting satiety. Adding BBQ bacon beans to your diet can be an excellent way to increase your protein intake.
2. Rich in fiber
Beans are a great source of fiber. They contain both soluble and insoluble fiber, which can aid digestion, regulate blood sugar levels, and promote a healthy gut. Eating fiber-rich foods like BBQ bacon beans can contribute to better overall digestive health.
3. Provides important nutrients
This recipe contains celery, onions, and red peppers, all of which are full of important vitamins and minerals. Celery is rich in vitamin K and antioxidants, while onions are a good source of vitamin C and fiber. Red peppers are rich in vitamin C, vitamin A and antioxidants. Including these vegetables in BBQ Bacon Beans adds additional nutritional value to the dish.
4. Antioxidant properties
Maple syrup, used as a sweetener in this recipe, contains several antioxidants that can help protect the body from free radicals. Free radicals are unstable molecules that can damage cells and contribute to the development of chronic diseases. Choosing maple syrup as a natural sweetener in BBQ bacon beans can provide an antioxidant boost.
5. Lowers cholesterol levels
Borlotti beans, one of the main ingredients in this recipe, are known to lower cholesterol. They contain soluble fiber, which binds to cholesterol in the digestive system and can prevent it from being absorbed into the bloodstream. Consuming borlotti beans regularly as part of your diet can have a positive impact on your cholesterol levels.
6. Tasteful alternative
The combination of bacon, passata, Worcestershire sauce and mild chili powder in BBQ bacon beans creates a flavorful alternative to traditional bean dishes. This variety can make it easier and more enjoyable to incorporate beans into your diet, allowing you to benefit from the numerous health benefits they offer.
In conclusion, BBQ bacon beans are not only a delicious and filling dish but also provide several health benefits. They are a good source of protein, rich in fiber and provide important nutrients. In addition, they offer antioxidant properties, help lower cholesterol levels and serve as a tasty alternative to traditional bean dishes. Incorporating BBQ bacon beans into your diet can be a tasty and nutritious addition.