This all-in-one salad recipe combines tender grilled lamb and fresh zucchini, creating a delicious summer dish that’s both delicious and easy to prepare. The juicy lamb is marinated and cooked to perfection on the grill, giving the dish a smoky aroma and rich flavor. Paired with the crunchy zucchini, this salad offers a refreshing and satisfying combination of textures. This recipe is perfect for warm days and outdoor dining. It brings out the best in barbecue while providing a light and healthy option for your summer celebrations.
- 9 lamb chops, French trimmed
- 3 lemons, 1 peeled and juiced, the others cut into 4 thick slices each
- olive oil
- 250 g young zucchini, halved lengthwise
- small bunch of mint, leaves picked
- 400 g canned beans, drained
- 1 red chili pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 140g feta cheese, crumbled
- Marinate the lamb chops in lemon juice and 4 tablespoons of olive oil for approx. 20 minutes.
- Brush the zucchini with another 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil and season.
- Remove the lamb chops from the marinade, season well and grill or grill for 1-3 minutes on each side.
- Broil or grill the zucchini for 2-3 minutes on each side until soft and charred.
- Grill or broil the lemon slices for 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side to lightly sear and caramelize.
- Place lamb and zucchini on a platter.
- Scatter over the mint, lemon zest, butter beans, chilli, spring onions, feta and spices and mix gently.
- Drizzle with olive oil and place the grilled lemons on the plate to squeeze.
Equipment and tools
Here are the essential equipment and tools you’ll need to make this grilled lamb and zucchini salad:
- Sharp knife
- Large mixing bowl
Please note the following allergen information for this grilled lamb and zucchini salad:
- Please note that this recipe contains dairy products (feta cheese) and may not be suitable for those with lactose intolerance or milk allergies.
- There are no other major allergens in this recipe.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftover Barbecue Lamb Zucchini Salad, follow these storage tips:
- Transfer the leftovers to an airtight container.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Gently heat the salad in the microwave or enjoy it cold as a refreshing leftover meal.
Remember to discard any leftovers that have been stored at room temperature for more than 2 hours to ensure food safety.
Health Benefits of Barbecue Lamb and Zucchini Salad
Barbecue lamb and zucchini salad is not only a delicious dish but also offers numerous health benefits. This salad provides important nutrients and supports general well-being. It is a fantastic addition to your diet. Let’s explore the health benefits of its main ingredients:
Lamb is a rich source of high-quality protein, which is essential for building and repairing tissue in the body. It also contains various vitamins and minerals such as vitamin B12, zinc, selenium and iron. These nutrients play a crucial role in supporting immune function, promoting healthy blood circulation, and supporting energy production.
Zucchini, also known as zucchini, are low in calories but full of nutrients. They are an excellent source of fiber, which aids digestion and maintains a healthy weight. Zucchini is also rich in antioxidants such as vitamin C and manganese, which protect the body from cell damage caused by harmful free radicals.
Mint leaves not only add a refreshing taste to the salad but also provide several health benefits. Mint is known for its digestive and soothing effects. It may also help relieve symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and reduce nausea. Additionally, mint contains antioxidants that have been linked to improved brain function and may help reduce inflammation in the body.
Butter beans, also called lima beans, are a great source of plant-based protein and fiber. They are low in fat and rich in vitamins and minerals such as folic acid, potassium and magnesium. Including butter beans in your salad can help promote heart health, regulate blood sugar levels, and support a healthy digestive system.
Adding red chilli to the salad not only provides a spicy kick but also brings various health benefits. Chili contains a compound called capsaicin, which is known to boost metabolism and aid weight loss. It also has anti-inflammatory properties and can help relieve pain and reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
Feta cheese gives the salad a creamy and spicy note. Although it is high in sodium and fat, it is also a good source of calcium and protein. Calcium is essential for maintaining strong bones and teeth, while protein is necessary for muscle growth and repair.
By combining these nutritious ingredients, Barbecue Lamb Zucchini Salad provides a well-rounded meal that satisfies both your taste buds and your nutritional needs.