A classic beef burger is a must when grilling. Our delicious barbecue beef burger takes this classic to the next level. We added a delicious touch by packing creamy blue cheese in the middle, creating an explosion of flavor with every bite. Grilled to perfection, this juicy burger will undoubtedly be the star of your summer barbecue evening. Serve alongside your favorite side dishes for a complete and memorable meal. Expand your grilling experience with our irresistible barbecue beef burger!
- 400g ground beef
- 1 banana shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp strong horseradish sauce
- 1 tsp dried herb mixture
- 1 large clove of garlic, finely grated
- 40 g blue cheese (optional)
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 4 burger buns, divided
- Iceberg lettuce leaves, tomato slices and relish for serving
Barbecue Beef Burger Recipe
- Place ground beef, shallot, horseradish sauce, herbs and garlic in a bowl.
- Season well with salt and black pepper.
- Mix well with your hands, squeezing the mixture through your fingers repeatedly to help it combine.
- Divide the mixture into four portions and form each into a 3cm thick flatbread.
- Press a small 50p-sized piece of blue cheese into the center of each patty (if using) and pack the meat around it to enclose the cheese – this will melt as it cooks.
- Place the burgers on a plate, cover and chill for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Light the grill and wait until the coals are ash colored. Or heat a gas grill to medium heat.
- Lightly oil the burger patties all over and cook for 5 minutes until just beginning to char.
- Carefully flip and cook for another 4-5 minutes (for medium heat) or longer if you prefer it to be well done.
- Place the burgers on a board and let them rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Alternatively, fry the burgers over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side until cooked through (a thermometer should read 70°C).
- Serve the burgers in a bun with lettuce, tomato slices and relish (see recipe below) or another side dish of your choice.
Equipment and tools
- Large mixing bowl
- frying pan
This barbecue beef burger recipe contains the following allergens:
- Ground beef
- Blue cheese (optional)
- Burger bun
Please note that this recipe may also contain traces of other allergens not listed. It’s always important to check the packaging of your ingredients if you have a food allergy.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftovers from your barbecue beef burgers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, simply place the burger patties in a skillet over medium heat until heated through. Alternatively, you can enjoy the leftovers cold in a sandwich or salad.
Health Benefits of Barbecue Beef Burgers
The barbecue beef burger is a classic that satisfies cravings and offers numerous health benefits when prepared with the right ingredients. Let’s take a closer look at the key components that make this dish not only delicious but also nutritious.
1. Ground beef
Ground beef is the main ingredient in a barbecue beef burger. It is a good source of high-quality protein, which is essential for muscle building and repair. Protein also helps promote satiety, keeping you feeling full for longer and reducing the risk of overeating.
2. Banana shallot
Finely chopped banana shallots give the beef patty a special flavor. Shallots are low in calories and full of vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, vitamin A and potassium. These nutrients support a healthy immune system and help maintain overall health.
3. Horseradish sauce
The strong horseradish sauce gives the barbecue beef burger a unique and spicy touch. Horseradish is known for its potential health benefits. It is rich in antioxidants that help protect cells from free radical damage. Additionally, horseradish has antibacterial properties that can help fight infections.
4. Dried mixed herbs
Dried herb blends offer an aromatic blend of different herbs including oregano, basil, thyme and rosemary. These herbs not only improve the taste of the burger, but also provide antioxidants and phytochemicals that contribute to overall health and well-being.
Finely grated garlic gives the barbecue beef burger a special taste. Garlic is known for its potential health benefits. It contains compounds that have been linked to boosting the immune system, supporting heart health, and even anti-inflammatory properties.
6. Blue cheese (optional)
If you add blue cheese to your barbecue beef burger, you will enjoy its creamy and tangy taste. Blue cheese is a source of calcium, protein and various vitamins. However, due to its high sodium content, it is important to consume it in moderation.
With the right ingredients, a barbecue beef burger can be a delicious and nutritious meal choice. From lean ground beef that provides protein to shallots, herbs, and garlic that provide antioxidants and essential nutrients, this dish can be a well-rounded option for anyone looking to satisfy their cravings while still maintaining a balanced diet.