Bang Bang Shrimp Salad is a delicious dish that can be prepared in just 20 minutes. This salad is full of flavors and can also be tailored to those who prefer chicken over seafood. It offers a perfect alternative to satisfy your craving for a refreshing and filling meal. The combination of tender shrimp or chicken with fresh vegetables and a spicy sauce creates a sensational taste that will make your taste buds tingle with joy. Whether you’re an avid seafood lover or not, this salad is guaranteed to become a new favorite in your recipe collection.
- 140g flat rice noodles
- 3 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 4 tbsp semi-fat coconut milk
- 3 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded and sliced
- 300g pack of bean sprouts
- 200g pack of cooked peeled prawns
Bang Bang Sesame Chicken
Shred 2 cooked chicken breasts and use in place of the shrimp. Finally, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame seeds on top.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Rinse the cooked pasta under cold water.
- Drain the noodles thoroughly.
- In a small saucepan, melt peanut butter, coconut milk, sweet chili sauce and half of the scallions.
- Add 1-2 tbsp water to loosen the mixture to a liquid consistency.
- Mix the cooked noodles, cucumbers and bean sprouts in a bowl.
- Top the noodle mixture with shrimp.
- Drizzle the peanut sauce over the shrimp and noodle mixture.
- Scatter the remaining spring onions over the dish.
Equipment and tools
To prepare Bang Bang Shrimp Salad, you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Large mixing bowl
- measuring cup
Please note the following allergen information for the Bang Bang Shrimp Salad:
- This recipe contains peanuts in the form of peanut butter. If you or one of your guests has a peanut allergy, please omit or substitute the peanut butter.
- The recipe also contains coconut milk. If you or one of your guests has a coconut allergy, please omit or substitute the coconut milk.
- If you use the recommended substitute for Bang Bang Sesame Chicken, please note that chicken may be an allergen for some people. Adjust or replace as needed.
Storage and leftovers
Here are some tips for storing and dealing with leftover Bang Bang Shrimp Salad:
- If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- The salad is best enjoyed fresh, but leftovers can be kept for up to 2 days.
- When you’re ready to eat the leftovers, you can add a little more dressing or squeeze some fresh lime juice to freshen up the flavors.
- Be careful when reheating as overcooking the shrimp can become tough. It is recommended to eat the leftovers cold or at room temperature.
Health Benefits of Bang Bang Shrimp Salad
If you want to incorporate seafood into your diet, Bang Bang Shrimp Salad is a fantastic and delicious option. Packed with healthy ingredients, this salad not only pampers your taste buds but also offers numerous health benefits. Let’s take a look at some of the key ingredients and how they contribute to your well-being:
1. Flat rice noodles
Flat rice noodles, the basis of this salad, are a gluten-free alternative to wheat noodles. They are low in fat and can be a good source of energy. Additionally, rice noodles are low in sodium, making them a heart-healthy choice for people who need to watch their blood pressure.
2. Crunchy peanut butter
Although peanut butter is often associated with indulgence, it can also be beneficial to health when consumed in moderation. Rich in healthy fats and proteins, peanut butter helps keep you full and satisfied. It also contains vitamins and minerals, including vitamin E, magnesium and potassium.
3. Semi-skimmed coconut milk
Coconut milk gives the salad a creamy and delicious touch. Although it contains saturated fat, choosing the semi-fat version can help reduce overall fat content. Coconut milk is also a great source of iron, which plays a crucial role in transporting oxygen throughout the body and maintaining energy levels.
4. Sweet chili sauce
In addition to adding flavor to the salad, sweet chili sauce also contains capsaicin, a compound known for its potential health benefits. Capsaicin can help boost metabolism, promote healthy digestion, and reduce inflammation.
5. Green onions
Green onions are rich in vitamins A and C. These vitamins are antioxidants that protect the body from free radicals that can cause cell damage. Additionally, green onions contain important nutrients such as folic acid and potassium, which play an important role in maintaining overall health.
Cucumber, a hydrating and refreshing vegetable, adds a nice crunch to Bang Bang Shrimp Salad. It is low in calories and has a high water content, making it an excellent choice for anyone looking to control their weight. Cucumbers are also a good source of vitamins K and C and antioxidants.
7. Bean sprouts
Using bean sprouts in this salad provides added texture and a nutritional boost. Bean sprouts are low in calories but high in fiber, which helps you feel full. They also contain vitamins C and K, folic acid and other useful plant substances.
8. Cooked peeled shrimp
Shrimp is an excellent source of lean protein and is low in saturated fat. They are also rich in vitamins B12 and D, as well as omega-3 fatty acids, which are known for their heart-healthy properties. Including shrimp in your diet can support muscle growth and maintenance, support brain function, and promote overall well-being.
For those looking for an alternative, the recipe recommends using cooked, shredded chicken instead of shrimp. This variation provides a similar protein boost while adding a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds for added texture and a deliciously nutty flavor.