Treat yourself to the heavenly treat of our Banana-Maple Towers, a sophisticated, guilt-free dessert that will amaze your guests. This delicious treat consists of juicy slices of ripe bananas intertwined with layers of delicious maple cream, creating a harmonious blend of flavors and textures. An added bonus is that this dessert is low in fat, making it a guilt-free treat that’s perfect for any occasion. So go ahead and impress your loved ones with this irresistible and healthy dessert that will satisfy their sweet tooth without compromising on taste!
- ½ tsp butter
- 1 large banana
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
- 25g golden powdered sugar
- 300 ml/½ pt semi-skimmed milk
- 50g sultanas
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 teaspoons low-fat crème fraîche
- grated nutmeg, optional
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 200°C/gas mark 6 and grease four 150ml dariole molds or heatproof teacups with the butter – this will help you prepare the pudding and give it a bit more flavour to lend.
- Mash the banana in a mixing bowl with a fork.
- Stir in eggs and vanilla extract, then stir in breadcrumbs, sugar, milk and sultanas.
- Divide the mixture evenly into the ramekins or tea cups.
- Arrange them in a small roasting tin and then pour in enough hot water to come about halfway up the sides.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes until set.
- Allow to cool briefly and then distribute onto small serving plates.
- Drizzle a tablespoon of maple syrup over each pudding.
- Finally, refine with a teaspoon of crème fraîche and, if desired, a pinch of freshly grated nutmeg.
Equipment and tools
To make banana maple towers you will need the following equipment and tools:
- baking pan
- frying pan
- measuring spoon
- measuring cup
This Banana Maple Towers recipe may contain the following allergens:
- Dairy products (butter, milk, crème fraîche)
- Wheat (breadcrumbs)
- Sulfites (sultanas)
Please consult the ingredients list and check for potential allergens specific to your dietary needs.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftover banana maple towers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. When ready to eat, you can reheat them in the oven or microwave until warmed through. Please note that the texture may change slightly when reheated.
It is not recommended to freeze this dish as it may affect the texture and taste.
Health Benefits of Banana Maple Towers
When it comes to dessert, why not opt for a treat that not only satisfies your sweet tooth but also offers numerous health benefits? Enter the delicious and nutritious Banana-Maple Towers. Packed with healthy ingredients, this delicious dessert can be enjoyed guilt-free. Let’s take a closer look at the health benefits it offers.
1. Rich in potassium and fiber
Bananas, the main ingredient in these towers, are known for their high potassium content. This essential mineral plays an important role in maintaining proper heart function and supporting healthy blood pressure. Additionally, bananas are a great source of fiber, which aids digestion and keeps you feeling fuller for longer.
2. Excellent source of vitamins and minerals
Eggs, another important ingredient, provide a variety of vitamins and minerals. They are particularly rich in vitamin B12, which supports brain function and red blood cell production. Eggs also contain essential nutrients such as vitamin D, vitamin A, phosphorus and selenium, all of which contribute to overall health and well-being.
3. Rich in antioxidants
As a delicious topping, maple syrup is more than just a delicious sweetener. It contains various antioxidants such as phenolic compounds and flavonoids. These antioxidants protect your body from harmful free radicals, reduce the risk of chronic disease and promote a healthy immune system.
4. Good source of protein and calcium
Partially skimmed milk and low-fat crème fraîche give the Banana-Maple Towers a creamy and delicious note. Not only do they enhance the flavor, but they also provide protein and calcium. Protein is essential for repairing and building tissue, while calcium is crucial for maintaining strong bones and teeth.
5. Nutrient-rich breadcrumbs and sultanas
Although the fresh breadcrumbs and sultanas in this recipe may seem like small additions, they do provide nutritional value. Breadcrumbs are a great alternative to processed flour and can provide fiber and minerals. Sultanas, a type of dried grape, contain fiber, vitamins and minerals such as iron and potassium.
6. Pleasant nutmeg taste (optional)
Sprinkling some grated nutmeg on your banana maple towers will not only add a wonderful flavor, but also a touch of additional nutrients. Known for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, nutmeg is traditionally used to aid digestion and promote better sleep.
All in all, the Banana Maple Towers dessert not only offers irresistible flavors but also various health benefits. From potassium-rich bananas to antioxidant-packed maple syrup, this dessert is a healthy treat for your taste buds and your body. So treat yourself to a sweet treat without a guilty conscience!