This delicious Butter Bean, Chorizo, and Spinach Baked Eggs recipe is a delicious flavor combination that will satisfy your taste buds. The combination of creamy butter beans, flavorful chorizo, and nutritious spinach creates a hearty and satisfying dish.
Please note that this recipe contains pork and is therefore intended for non-Muslims only. The flavors of the chorizo give this dish a unique and hearty touch, complemented by the richness of the butter beans and the freshness of the spinach.
Treat yourself to this flavorful meal for a comforting and filling brunch or dinner. Whether you’re hosting a gathering or simply treating yourself, these baked eggs are sure to impress your guests with their delicious combination of ingredients.
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 100g chorizo, cut into thin slices
- 400 g canned beans, drained
- 100g spinach
- 4 medium eggs
- small handful of coriander (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7.
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook until softened, 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, chilli flakes and chorizo to the pan and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add the butter beans and a pinch of salt to the pan and stir.
- Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and a splash of water until wilted.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- If your pan is not oven safe, transfer the mixture to a medium baking dish.
- Use the back of a tablespoon to make four small indentations in the mixture.
- Crack an egg into each well.
- Sprinkle with salt, freshly ground pepper and, if desired, additional chili.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes until the white is set and the yolk is still runny.
- Serve with a pinch of chopped coriander if desired.
Equipment and tools
- frying pan
- tin opener
- Oven-safe casserole dish
This recipe contains the following allergens:
Storage and leftovers
If there are any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. To reheat, simply place the baked eggs in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on medium power until warmed through.
Health Benefits of Baked Eggs with Butter Beans, Chorizo, and Spinach
When it comes to a hearty and nutritious meal, there are few dishes that can compete with the delicious combination of butter beans, chorizo, and spinach in baked eggs. Not only is this recipe bursting with flavor, but it also offers several health benefits that make it an excellent addition to your diet.
1. Nutrient-rich butter beans
Butter beans, also known as lima beans, are a great source of plant-based protein, making them an ideal ingredient for vegans and vegetarians. Packed with essential nutrients such as folic acid, magnesium and iron, butter beans can contribute to a balanced diet and support overall well-being.
2. Lean chorizo
Using lean chorizo in this recipe adds a touch of smoky flavor. While chorizo is often associated with being high in saturated fat, choosing the leaner variety may be a healthier option. It offers a good amount of protein and provides a satisfying taste without compromising your health goals.
3. Nutritionally powerful spinach
Spinach is known for its impressive nutritional profile. Rich in vitamins A, C and K, as well as iron, calcium and fiber, adding spinach to your baked eggs offers a range of health benefits. This leafy green vegetable may support immune function, promote healthy digestion, and help maintain bone strength and density.
4. Sufficient protein from eggs
Eggs are an excellent source of high-quality protein and contain all the essential amino acids our bodies need. This recipe features medium-sized eggs that provide a significant amount of protein to keep you feeling full and satisfied. Protein is essential for muscle repair and growth and also helps regulate blood sugar levels.
5. Optional cilantro for extra flavor
Adding a small handful of cilantro, also called cilantro, is optional but can enhance the flavor of this dish. Cilantro is rich in antioxidants and may have several health benefits, including promoting heart health, improving digestion, and reducing inflammation.
Incorporating baked eggs made from butter beans, chorizo and spinach into your diet will not only give you a delicious meal, but also contribute to a balanced and nutritious diet. By enjoying this dish, you can easily absorb important nutrients, promote satiety and support overall health. So why not give it a try?