Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings are an irresistible treat that fits any occasion. These wings are coated in a sticky and aromatic spice blend, making them great for finger food or canapés. The best part? This recipe skips the deep-frying step, making them a healthier alternative without compromising on taste. The wings are baked to perfection, resulting in tender and juicy meat with a crispy outer layer. Whether served as an appetizer or as a main course, these Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings are sure to impress your guests with their bold and delicious flavor.
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp celery salt
- 4 tbsp pepper sauce (we used Frank’s hot sauce)
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1½ kg chicken wings, halved at the joint
1. In a large bowl, combine the following ingredients: garlic, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, celery salt, hot sauce, honey and a few grinds of black pepper.
2. Add the chicken wings to the bowl and toss them around to make sure they are completely coated with the marinade.
3. If you have time, let the wings marinate in the refrigerator for a few hours, ideally overnight. This allows the flavors to penetrate the meat better.
4. Preheat your oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4.
5. Drain and reserve the marinade. Then spread the marinated chicken wings on a very large baking sheet.
6. Bake the wings in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
7. After 30 minutes, pour off excess oil from the baking tray. Then pour the reserved marinade onto the tray and toss the wings well to coat them with the marinade.
8. Increase the oven temperature to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
9. Place the tray back in the oven and bake the wings for another 30 minutes. During this time, turn the wings several times so that they are covered with the glaze while cooking.
10. The wings should become sticky and glassy and most of the marinade has evaporated.
11. Once the wings are done, remove them from the oven and serve on a large platter along with other party snacks.
Note: These Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings are perfect for parties or game night. They are aromatic, tender and have just the right amount of spiciness from the hot sauce. Enjoy!
Equipment and tools
- Baking tray or tray
- Aluminum foil
- mixing bowl
- measuring spoon
- measuring cup
- Basting brush
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- olive oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Worcester sauce
- Celery salt
- Pepper sauce (Frank’s Hot Sauce)
- chicken wing
Storage and leftovers
If there are any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They last up to 3 days. To reheat, place the wings on a baking sheet and heat in the preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for about 10 minutes or until heated through. Enjoy!
Health Benefits of Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings are a popular dish loved by many for its delicious and flavorful taste. Although they’re often viewed as a guilty pleasure, you’ll be surprised to find that there are actually several health benefits associated with this tasty dish. Here are some of the health benefits of baked buffalo chicken wings:
1. Rich in protein
Chicken wings are an excellent source of protein. Protein is essential for building and repairing tissue and supporting healthy growth and development. By including baked buffalo chicken wings in your diet, you can increase your protein intake and promote muscle health.
2. Good source of healthy fats
Contrary to popular belief, not all fats are bad for you. Chicken wings, when baked instead of fried, contain healthy fats. These healthy fats are essential for providing energy and supporting various body functions. They also help promote satiety and maintain feelings of fullness over a longer period of time.
3. Rich in essential vitamins and minerals
Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings are a good source of important vitamins and minerals. They contain various B vitamins, including niacin, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12, which are important for energy production and brain function. In addition, chicken wings also provide minerals such as iron, zinc and selenium, which play an important role in maintaining a healthy immune system and promoting overall well-being.
4. Antioxidant properties
The ingredients used to make buffalo sauce, such as garlic and peppers, are known for their antioxidant properties. Antioxidants help protect the body from damage caused by harmful free radicals and reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease and certain cancers.
5. Low carbohydrates
If you’re following a low-carb or keto diet, baked buffalo chicken wings can be a good option. They contain minimal carbohydrates, making them suitable for those who want to reduce their carbohydrate intake. However, be careful of the sauce and any additional dips you consume as they may contain added sugars or carbohydrates.
In summary, baked buffalo chicken wings can be a delicious and nutritious addition to your diet. With their high protein content, healthy fats, essential vitamins and minerals, antioxidant properties and low carbohydrate content, they offer several health benefits. Remember to bake them instead of frying them for a healthier cooking method. So, enjoy these tasty wings without feeling guilty!