Introducing our tempting Baileys Pudding Cake; a decadent holiday treat that combines the perfect balance of a crispy and sweet pastry crust with a delicious creamy filling. The harmonious mix of flavors is further enhanced by the delicious crunch of the honeycomb sprinkled on top. Guaranteed to add an extra touch of Christmas cheer to your festivities, this luxurious dessert will undoubtedly have your guests swooning and asking for the recipe. Treat yourself to the excitement and joy that this Baileys custard tart brings to your table at this magical time of year.
- 320g sweet shortcrust pastry sheet
- Flour for dusting
- 350 ml double cream, plus 200 ml as a topping
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthways
- 2 whole eggs, plus 4 yolks
- 125 g powdered sugar, plus 1 ½ tbsp for sprinkling
- 200 ml Baileys, plus 1 tbsp for garnish
- Honeycomb, crumbled (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4 and place a baking tray on the middle rack to heat up.
- Roll out the dough and use it to fill a 22cm diameter fluted tart tin.
- Leave about 1 cm of dough overhanging and cut off the rest.
- Line the cake base with baking paper, first crumple it up to make it more supple, and then fill it with the baking beans.
- Place the tart base on the hot baking tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the beans and parchment from the tart pan and place in the oven for another 5 minutes until it turns a biscuit brown color.
- Trim the sides of the pastry shell with a serrated knife and discard the scraps.
- Pour the cream into a saucepan and scrape out the pulp from the vanilla pod.
- Add the vanilla seeds and pod to the cream and heat until steaming.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the whole eggs, egg yolks and sugar until smooth.
- Pour the Baileys into the cream, then add the cream mixture to the eggs and mix well.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve into a jug.
- Pour the custard into the tart pan that is still on the baking sheet.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 150°C/130°C Fan/Gas 2 and bake for 30 minutes, until the filling is just set and wobbles slightly in the centre.
- Allow the tart to cool to room temperature and then let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Whip the remaining cream, sugar and Baileys until the mixture holds its shape.
- Pour the whipped cream into the center of the cake, leaving a border of exposed custard around the edges.
- If desired, spread crumbled honeycomb over the tart.
- Serve the tart immediately.
Equipment and tools
- mixing bowl
- rolling pin
- cake tin
- Bake beans
This recipe contains the following allergens:
It may also contain traces of nuts. Please check the specific ingredients and make appropriate substitutions if necessary.
Storage and leftovers
The Baileys Pudding Tart can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Avoid leaving it at room temperature for too long, especially in warm weather. To reheat, place the tart in a preheated oven at 180°C for 10-15 minutes or until warmed through. Leftover slices can be individually wrapped and frozen for up to a month.
Health Benefits of Baileys Custard Tart
Treating yourself to a delicious dessert doesn’t necessarily mean giving up on a healthy lifestyle. Baileys Custard Tart is made from a combination of nutritious ingredients and offers various health benefits that you might not expect from a traditional dessert. Let’s take a closer look at the most important components and their positive effects on your well-being.
Sweet shortcrust pastry sheet
The sweet shortcrust pastry used in Baileys’ custard tart forms a delicious base for the dessert. Made from flour, this pastry is a source of carbohydrates that serves as the body’s main source of energy. However, remember to consume it in moderation as part of a balanced diet.
The double cream included in this recipe gives the custard filling a rich and creamy texture. Although cream is high in saturated fat, it can be enjoyed in small amounts as part of an overall healthy diet. It is a good source of essential nutrients such as calcium and vitamin D, which ensure strong bones and teeth.
The vanilla bean used in Baileys’ custard tart not only enhances the flavor but also offers potential health benefits. Vanilla is known for its antioxidant properties, which help protect the body from free radicals. In addition, it can have a calming effect on the nervous system, promoting relaxation and reducing stress.
Eggs are a key ingredient in Baileys custard tart and contain both whole eggs and extra yolks. Eggs are an excellent source of high-quality protein and contain all the essential amino acids the body needs. They also provide important vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B12, vitamin D and selenium.
While sugar should be consumed in moderation, the small amount of powdered sugar in this recipe helps balance the sweetness of the cake. Remember that excessive sugar consumption can have negative effects on your health. So enjoy this dessert as an occasional treat.
Baileys Pudding Pie’s main ingredient, Baileys Liqueur, adds a unique and delicious touch. Although Baileys contains alcohol, the amount in this dessert is limited, making it safe for consumption. However, it is important to enjoy this cake responsibly and pay attention to the alcohol content.
Using honeycomb as a topping on your Baileys custard tart gives it an extra touch of indulgence. Honeycomb is known for its delicious crunch and the hint of sweetness it adds. Although it can improve the taste of the dessert, it is worth noting that honeycomb is high in sugar and should be enjoyed sparingly.
Remember that moderation is key when enjoying desserts like Bailey’s Custard Tart. Incorporating a variety of nutritious ingredients into this recipe allows you to enjoy a delicious treat while keeping your well-being a priority.