Indulge in the delicious flavors of Baby Back Ribs with Carolina Baste – a classic American dish that will make any cookout extra special. This succulent recipe features tender pork ribs that are slow-roasted until irresistibly tender and then coated in a delicious gooey glaze. Every bite triggers a taste explosion that leaves you wanting more. Please note that this recipe contains pork and is intended for non-Muslims. Prepare to savor every melt-in-your-mouth moment with this delicious ribs recipe!
- 50g light brown soft sugar
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika powder
- 2 tbsp English mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 4 portions of pork ribs (approx. 450 g each)
- 250 ml yellow mustard (we used French’s Classic)
- 150 ml apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp treacle
- 75g light brown soft sugar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 tbsp hot chili sauce
- 2 tsp hot chili powder
Other Ways to Cook Ribs
You can cook the ribs on two racks at the same time for 30 minutes in a pressure cooker or in a slow cooker on the short cycle of four hours.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/140°C fan/gas 3.
- Mix sugar, paprika, mustard powder, celery salt and garlic granules in a bowl.
- Rub the mixture all over the ribs.
- Place the ribs in two large roasting pans with racks in place.
- If you don’t have racks, that’s okay.
- Pour 150ml of water into the bottom of each can.
- Cover the cans tightly with foil.
- Roast the ribs for 3 hours until they are almost falling apart.
- If the roasting tins are on different shelf levels, swap them halfway through the cooking time.
- After cooking, remove the cooking liquid and drain.
- For the roast mixture, mix all the ingredients in a pot.
- Cook the sauce for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is dissolved.
- Set the roast aside.
- Heat an outdoor grill.
- Grill the ribs over low heat.
- Fry the ribs for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Baste the ribs regularly.
- Cook until ribs are golden brown and sticky.
- Alternatively, preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7.
- Roast the ribs for 25-30 minutes.
- Flip the ribs over and rotate the molds halfway through cooking time.
Equipment and tools
To prepare this recipe you will need the following equipment and tools:
- Grill or grill
- measuring spoon
- measuring cup
- Basting brush
- Aluminum foil
This recipe contains the following allergens:
- Worcester sauce
Please ensure that you or anyone consuming this dish does not have any allergies or dietary restrictions related to the listed allergens.
Storage and leftovers
If you have leftover Baby Back Ribs with Carolina Baste, you can store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Be sure to place the ribs in an airtight container or wrap them tightly with aluminum foil. To reheat the ribs, you can use either a microwave or an oven. Reheat until warmed through before serving.
Alternatively, you can freeze the leftover ribs to keep them for longer. Wrap them tightly in aluminum foil or place them in a freezer-safe container or bag. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to enjoy, let the ribs thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then reheat as needed.
The Health Benefits of “Baby Back Ribs with Carolina Baste”
When it comes to treating yourself to a delicious and filling meal, Baby Back Ribs with Carolina Baste takes the spotlight. Not only are these delicious ribs packed with flavor, but they also offer several health benefits that might surprise you. So before you fire up the grill, let’s take a closer look at some of the reasons why these ribs may actually be good for you.
Rich in protein
Protein is an essential nutrient that plays a crucial role in many body functions. A single piece of baby back ribs contains a significant amount of protein, helping your body build and repair tissue, produce enzymes, and support a healthy immune system. By including baby back ribs in your diet, you can easily meet your daily protein requirements.
Rich in vitamins and minerals
Thanks to the combination of spices and ingredients in Carolina baste, baby back ribs provide a good portion of vitamins and minerals. Smoked paprika, mustard powder and garlic granules are excellent sources of antioxidants that help protect your cells from damage caused by harmful free radicals. Additionally, these ribs contain celery salt, which contains potassium, a mineral that plays an important role in maintaining heart health and proper muscle function.
Treacle, one of the main components of Carolina baste, acts as a natural sweetener and provides a quick energy boost. This sweet ingredient is rich in carbohydrates, which are the body’s main source of energy. By enjoying baby back ribs with the Carolina baste, you can energize your body and keep it energized throughout the day.
The yellow mustard and apple cider vinegar used in the Carolina sauce help make these ribs overall heart-friendly. Yellow mustard is low in calories but high in flavor, making it a healthy choice to add a spicy touch to the dish. Apple cider vinegar, on the other hand, contains acetic acid, which has been linked to numerous health benefits, including improved heart health and weight control.
Possible anti-inflammatory properties
The inclusion of Worcestershire sauce and hot chili sauce in the Carolina sauce adds additional spice to the flavor profile. These sauces contain capsaicin, a compound known for its potential anti-inflammatory properties. Research suggests that capsaicin may help reduce inflammation in the body, which may contribute to various health benefits including pain relief and improved digestion.
So next time you’re planning a barbecue or gathering, treat yourself to some Baby Back Ribs with Carolina Baste. These delicious ribs will not only delight your taste buds, but will also provide you with a number of health benefits that can support your overall well-being. Enjoy this tasty dish without feeling guilty and know that you are providing your body with essential nutrients.