Discover the delicious asparagus and zucchini salad with feta and sesame, where grilling perfectly brings out the flavor of the vegetables. Combined with the nuttiness of toasted sesame seeds and the irresistible saltiness of feta cheese, this salad is a true gastronomic delight. The bright colors and fresh ingredients make it an attractive side dish or a delicious light meal on its own. Experience an explosion of Mediterranean flavors, with each bite offering a harmonious blend of textures and flavors. Quick and easy to prepare, this salad is a must for any foodie looking for a tasty and healthy alternative.
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 140g asparagus
- 50g peas
- 200g zucchini
- 1 teaspoon sesame or olive oil
- small handful of rocket leaves
- 20g feta cheese
- grated zest of half a lemon
- Heat a small frying pan and add the sesame seeds.
- Cook the sesame seeds, shaking the pan as you go and being careful not to burn them.
- When the sesame seeds are fragrant and have turned a light teak color, place them on a saucer.
- Steam the asparagus for 3-4 minutes until almost cooked through.
- Place the steamed asparagus in a bowl of ice water to cool.
- Drain the asparagus and wrap it in a tea towel to dry.
- Cook the peas for 3 minutes in the boiling water used to steam the asparagus.
- Drain the peas and let them cool under a cold tap.
- Cut the zucchini diagonally into slices about 0.5 cm thick.
- Heat a grill pan until very hot.
- Brush asparagus and zucchini slices with oil.
- Cook the oiled asparagus and zucchini slices in batches until they are beautifully streaked with dark brown.
- Cut the cooked asparagus into 5 cm long pieces.
- Mix together the cooked asparagus, zucchini, peas, arugula, feta and lemon zest.
- Grind some black pepper over the mixture.
- Sprinkle the mixture with the sesame seeds.
- Serve the salad.
Equipment and tools
- Vegetable peeler
- frying pan
- salad bowl
- Tongs or spatula
This recipe contains:
- Sesame seeds
- Dairy products (feta cheese)
Storage and leftovers
If there are any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. For optimal flavor and texture, it is best to consume the salad fresh.
Health Benefits of Asparagus and Zucchini Salad with Feta and Sesame Seeds
Asparagus and Zucchini Salad with Feta and Sesame is not only a delicious and refreshing dish, but it also offers numerous health benefits due to its nutrient-rich ingredients. Let’s dive into the nutritional benefits of this delicious salad:
Asparagus is a nutrient-dense vegetable that offers a number of health-promoting benefits. It is an excellent source of fiber, which aids digestion and helps maintain a healthy weight. Asparagus is also rich in antioxidants like vitamin C and beta-carotene, which boost the immune system and promote healthy skin.
Zucchini, also known as zucchini, are low in calories and high in fiber, making them a great addition to a healthy diet. They are a fantastic source of vitamin C, which supports the immune system and collagen production. Zucchini also contains beneficial antioxidants, including lutein and zeaxanthin, which contribute to eye health.
3. Sesame seeds
Sesame seeds provide a nutritional powerhouse of essential minerals, healthy fats and botanicals. These tiny seeds are an excellent source of calcium, iron and magnesium, which are essential for strong bones and muscle function. They also contain lignans, which have antioxidant properties and can help reduce inflammation in the body.
4. Rocket blades
Arugula leaves, also known as arugula, are a green leafy vegetable full of vitamins and minerals. They are particularly rich in vitamin K, which plays an important role in blood clotting and bone health. Rocket leaves also provide a good dose of vitamin A, which supports healthy vision and promotes a strong immune system.
5. Feta cheese
Feta cheese gives this salad a tangy and creamy touch. Although it is high in sodium, feta cheese can still be enjoyed in moderation. It is a good source of protein and calcium, which are essential for muscle growth, bone strength and overall health.
6. Lemon peel
The grated peel of half a lemon not only provides a boost of freshness, but also has a number of health benefits. Lemon peel is an excellent source of vitamin C, which helps fight infections and supports collagen synthesis. It can also aid digestion and relieve indigestion.
By incorporating this asparagus and zucchini salad with feta and sesame into your diet, you can enjoy a nutritious and tasty dish that supports your overall well-being. Whether you want to boost your immune system, improve digestion, or maintain healthy bones, this salad is for you!