Treat yourself to the delicious flavor combination of our apricot crème brûlée tart. This exquisite dessert perfectly combines the freshness of apricots, the richness of cream and the subtle sweetness of caramelized sugar.
Every bite of this tantalizing tart is a symphony of textures, from the crispy pastry shell to the velvety-soft crème brûlée filling, complemented by the delicious apricot topping. Its bright colors and fresh taste make it an irresistible treat for any occasion.
Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or just fancy a luxurious dessert, our Apricot Crème Brûlée Tart is the ultimate choice. Enjoy the fruity pleasure and let the creamy perfection take your palate to dessert heaven.
- 140g butter
- 100g golden powdered sugar
- 250 g flour
- 25g ground almonds
- 1 egg, beaten
- 250g pack of ready-to-eat dried apricots
- 175 ml sweet dessert wine, e.g. B. Sauternes (a small glass)
- 100g golden icing sugar, plus 4 tbsp for sprinkling the brûlee
- 1 vanilla pod, split and the pulp scraped out
- 284ml carton of double cream
- 4 eggs
- For the dough, beat the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Mix in the flour and almonds.
- Beat in the egg until the dough just comes together.
- Form the dough into a ball, wrap it in cling film and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- While the dough is cooling, prepare the filling by placing the apricots in a bowl.
- Bring the wine and sugar to the boil, then pour over the apricots and let them steep in the liquid.
- In the same pot, bring the vanilla and cream to the boil.
- Turn off the stove and let the cream steep.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7.
- Roll out the dough to fit a 23cm fluted tart tin and chill in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Line the cake base with foil or baking paper and fill it with baking beans.
- Bake the tart for 20 minutes until the edges form biscuits.
- Remove the beans and foil or baking paper and cook for a few more minutes until the bottom begins to brown.
- Remove the tart from the oven and reduce the heat to 160°C/fan 140°C/gas mark 3.
- While the pie crust is cooking, whisk the eggs in a large bowl.
- Strain the vanilla cream over the eggs and whisk.
- Drain the apricots and mix the liquid with the vanilla cream and eggs to form a cream.
- Pull the apricots apart and press them, sticky side down, into the tart pan.
- Pour the custard over the apricots and bake until the filling is just set, about 20-30 minutes.
- Remove the tart from the oven and let it cool.
- To serve, sprinkle the remaining sugar over the tart and caramelize it with a blowtorch.
- Let it harden for a minute before slicing and serving.
- Since the cake already contains so many great flavors, it doesn’t need any side dishes.
Equipment and tools
To prepare the apricot crème brûlée cake you will need the following equipment and tools:
- mixing bowl
- Baking dish or cake pan
- rolling pin
- Measuring cups and spoons
- baking paper
- Baking beans or cake weights
- Blowtorch or grill to caramelize the sugar
The Apricot Crème Brûlée Tart Recipe contains the following allergens:
- Dairy products (butter, cream, eggs)
- Gluten (normal flour)
- Nuts (ground almonds)
Please check the labels of the ingredients you use to ensure they are appropriate for your dietary needs.
Storage and leftovers
Once baked, the Apricot Crème Brûlée Cake can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. It is best served fresh and is not suitable for freezing. Leftover slices can be enjoyed chilled or at room temperature.
Health Benefits of Apricot Crème Brûlée Tart
Treating yourself to a delicious dessert doesn’t always mean you have to compromise on your health. Apricot Crème Brûlée Tart is not only a heavenly treat for your taste buds but also offers numerous health benefits due to its nutritious ingredients. Let’s take a closer look at the health benefits hidden in this delicious dessert.
1. Apricots – a nutritional powerhouse
The main ingredient in this cake is undoubtedly apricots. These small orange fruits are rich in various essential vitamins and minerals. Apricots are an excellent source of vitamin A, which promotes healthy vision and supports the immune system. They also contain vitamin C, which stimulates collagen synthesis and protects against oxidative stress.
In addition, apricots are a good source of fiber, which aids digestion and promotes regular bowel movements. This can be particularly beneficial for individuals who want to maintain a healthy digestive system.
2. Almonds – a nutritional boost
Adding ground almonds to the pie crust further increases its nutritional value. Almonds are highly nutritious and full of beneficial nutrients such as fiber, protein, healthy fats and vitamin E.
These nutrient-rich nuts not only provide an energy boost but also provide several health benefits. The high fiber content helps maintain healthy digestion, while vitamin E acts as an antioxidant, protecting cells from free radical damage.
3. Dessert wine – a hint of antioxidants
The use of sweet dessert wine gives the cake a special touch. In moderation, dessert wines like Sauternes may provide certain health benefits due to their antioxidant properties.
Antioxidants play a crucial role in protecting the body from oxidative stress by neutralizing harmful free radicals. However, it is important to consume alcohol in moderation to reap the benefits without negative health effects.
4. Eggs and double cream – a source of protein
Eggs and cream form the creamy, pudding-like layer of the cake. Both ingredients contribute to the overall protein content of the dessert.
Proteins are essential for various body functions, including building and repairing tissue, supporting immune function, and regulating hormone production. Incorporating protein-rich ingredients can help you maintain a balanced diet and promote overall health.
5. Limited sugar content
Although the cake contains sugar, the recipe uses golden powdered sugar, which is less refined than regular white sugar. The limited amount of sugar ensures that the dessert satisfies your sweet tooth without excessive added sugar, making it a better choice compared to many other desserts.
However, as part of a balanced diet, it is important to enjoy this dessert in moderation.
Overall, the Apricot Crème Brûlée Tart not only offers a delicious culinary experience but also comes with various health benefits. With nutritious ingredients like apricots, almonds and eggs, this cake can be a guilt-free treat that supports your overall well-being.